• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Toxic ex-in laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslie82

Learning
So I realized why my ex husband is such a deeply disturbed individual - his mother is psychotic.

We got into it because I have been telling her that my daughter wants to talk to her dad. He's staying with her until he goes to rehab and I found out today she thinks I want to talk to him so that's why she ignores me. I also found out he has time to spend with his nieces and nephews but not call her. SO I told her off. She forwards the text to his sister - and she says "He's my brother and I'll always loved him." I said they are enabling him. I said you can love someone and not watch them die. If my brothers did anything he's done I'd disown them. They keep letting him around and if he truly had a psychotic break last weekend why would his sister let him near her kids? She said "don't worry about who watches my kids and my mom was there the whole time."

So I told his mom off and blocked her on messages. Then she texts me and tells ME I'm crazy. I said no you are and you always have been and I'm just too nice and gave her chances. This isn't the first time we've fought. Then she said she's going to take me to court for visitation. I said that she could see my daughter I just will no longer communicate with her about my daughter. I also said in this state there are no visitation rights for grandparents so please try. Her dad doesn't have visitation why would she get it? So that pissed me off because you don't threaten me about my kid.

Then she said "he misses you and her and he feels bad about what he did and he's going to rehab Monday." And that he's been sticking up for me. I said I don't care. I don't believe you or him. I need actions from him not words. Words are meaningless from his mouth. I told her she's a horrible mother and I'm a million times better. That her kids are all messed up because of her and it's true. She is a selfish person. She only cares about my daughter when it makes her look good. She rarely visits. Until like a year ago when my daughter was 2 she never wanted to go to my ex's mom. She would cry and cry - I said she's a good judge of character I guess. I said at least I don't need a man to take care of me like you. Then my ex's baby mama with his oldest kid liked a comment she made on my page and then his mom puts on her page "I just can't make anyone happy" and that chick and all these people are like "oh you're a good person don't worry about other people." So I said "Stop playing the victim. I never said you can't see her I said I will not talk to you about her and people should know how quickly you turn your back on them.' She deleted it. Then I can see her messages and she's telling her friends that I'm crazy and I used to take him to drug houses and give him drug money. No I did not. For a long time he lied to me about why he had to stop at friend's houses and after I figured it out what the hell was I supposed to do? The few times I told him no about money or tried to turn the car around he beat me up! They all know this his family that he abused me and his first wife and they don't care.

OH and his daughter told me that he abused them when they were little and I told his mom. She said "I don't know if I believe that." I said why do you believe that he hit me and his other wife but not his kids? "I never saw it." I said well you never saw him beat us either. I can see him if he's coming off meth hit his kids and not realize it.

I just don't get how they let him back in all the time - he could easily be on meth withdrawals and they don't know it and he hurts his nieces and nephews or his family. Will that stop him? I wonder what if he had killed me the last time he attacked me? Would they still love him because he's family? Probably. His family brushes everything under the rug and I'm tired of it.

I'm taking my daughter to her cousin's birthday party next weekend because he supposedly wont' be there. He should be in rehab Monday. I told his sister you keep your mom away. I'm only coming so my daughter can see her cousins and that's it. It makes her happy. Especially the cousin whose birthday party it will be.

I've known his mom is crazy but she's getting worse. The more they let him back the more he's gonna relapse and think "well I can always go to my mom's house."

I guess I'll wait til he can call from rehab and our daughter can talk to him then. Because his mom is "trying to keep him calm" until rehab and told people that I want to talk to him and he doesn't want to talk to me. NO I don't. If I talk to him I'm gonna yell at him. I'm still pissed he blew my money from bail on drugs and booze. That he didn't call our daughter on her birthday and hasn't yet called her since he got out of jail. I'm tired of his lies and hurt so no. I don't want to really see him or talk to him. Oh and his mom said "I hope he never gets back together with you" and "I told him he can never see you again." I said I don't want him back and he's 35...you can't tell him what to do. Maybe you should have done that in high school and he wou ldn't be such a f*ck up. If his dad hadn't been a truck driver I bet that he would've had more discipline but as soon as he left, my ex and his brother rolled over their mom and she let them come back home and crap.

If my ex can get his shit together he can see our daughter. But I have to see it to believe it. Words are meaningless. ANd his mom - she's dead to me this time. Next time my daughter's in the hospital or gets her transplant she is not allowed in the room because all she will do is use it for attention on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back