• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence Toxic future in law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's come to door with meth friend before. We did not let him in. Other times he's walked in house higher than a kite. In the old state Police didn't do anything. Here they will. This kids very violent he assaulted me for giving him a compliment! I said admired him for being so good at math, I'm terrible at it.

Raj

Courts issue restraining orders, not the police. He can continue to be an informant and still not go to your home.

Restraining orders are a civil matter. I'd highly recommend getting one. You or your wife could file for an order first thing on Tuesday in court - with the assault and all the other issues, I would be surprised if a judge didn't issue a restraining order. Then the police would serve your son the order and he would have to say away and even if he comes near and acts fine, the police would be able to arrest him just for violating the restraining order the judge issued.

Is there an advocacy agency for people with disabilities in your state that might be able to help you navigate this?

I'm begging my wife for support in getting restraining orders against son and his future in-law, we don't have address for son, we do know city he lives in. I'm sure police could serve him.

Raj

No his biological father was a violent man, beat her while pregnant. Went to prison for same pattern with another lady. She got restraining order with advocate, and is terrified to go through it again, having to face, son and mother future in-law in court.

Raj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back