• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Trauma & Addiction: Crash Course Psychology #31"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! :tup:

It had my attention at the word Tolkien. :clown: JRR Tolkien & C.S. Lewis were friends & my childhood book loves for sorting out my thoughts during younger trauma. I never thought of it in those PTSD manners until now. So this added insight on my gravitation to their cherished stories.

I think I will bookmark the web string and delve into the other video offers if available. As well thank you for your time in offering the thread. "Post traumatic growth" has a powerful ring to it and is wonderfully comforting as a concept for a solid goal set.

Pretty powerful positive stuff: you are a delightful addition to my personal growth & (if I may be so bold being rather new myself) to our community!:)

:hug:'s if you accept them.

Thanks for posting this.
As someone who suffers from food addiction that is ruining my life I found this very interesting! I want to recover from my addiction but never realised until I went to therapy that my addiction stems back to when I was 10 years old (when the abuse happened) and I used food as a coping mechanism. So it is going back and working through all the abuse that will hopefully mean I am able to overcome my addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back