1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Trauma Members Diary Opened

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

As I have closed the trauma private diary from any new creations, as those are personal time with myself, a need to also have a diary in which is not accessible by the public, being non-registered members, and not seen by search engines also, was required. Trauma members now caters this.

Simply put, search engines cannot login nor create a member name in which to spider content and put within their global search results. The public cannot even see the forum period. Once a person registers and then logs into the forum, they can then see any information posted in that diary.

This gives members a diary in which they can create, post and maintain, is open to all members to respond, but the world cannot see the information unless they happen to be a registered member of the forum.

I hope this closes that hole created when I closed of the private diaries because I can only cope with so much personally.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Yep, I think that will efficiently close the hole..

LOL, we will be busy moving threads now!

bec

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating this new board for the trauma diaries. I was in the public area soley because I wanted my family to have the opportunity to be involved in my diary, and for a while I was fine with having my diary completely public as well. But then last week I was playing around on Google and discovered that some random bitch is using parts of my diary in a thesis of hers on family annihilators. HOLY SHIT! That really upset me, and I was feeling torn... should I move my diary back to private so people can't access it and STEAL it, or should I leave it in public so my family has access.. ?? But you solved my problem! OMG I could just KISS you!!!

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Omg, that is aweful that someone would do that without permission! Some people I just don't get. It's moved now for ya!

bec

6. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Yeah it was really creepy. I emailed her to complain and demanded she remove my diary from her website but no response yet.

7. anthony

Evie, can you please pm or email me the details thanks, and I will help you sort it out as the copyright owner of the information. I can then have her website suspended via her hosting for breach of my copyright.

Whitneys story likes this.
  8. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Oh dear. I was not aware of this. It makes me very angry, but I suppose now is not the appropriate time to pursue it.

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Sorry, I forgot about this due to recent family events. I finally did find the site again, and there is a notice on it saying it has been removed due to user agreement violations. So it's gone I guess. I'm going to search for it again though in a couple of weeks to make sure she didn't move the site to another server.

Also, no rush answering this, but why can't we edit in the Trauma Members area? There is no edit button, and at the bottom where the posting rules are located it says "you may not edit posts". Just curious if that's on purpose or it's an oversight. Thanks.

10. anthony

Evie, edit is removed from all members posts 3 minutes after you submit your post... it is only available briefly for small edits. If left intact, members have removed entire posts days after others have replied, hence people wasted their time replying in the first place which would piss me off if I replied, as it did others... and once the original content is removed, the thread is useless. This is why no edit exists after 3 minutes from posting.

Only editors can edit the forum... all edits must be sent to one of them.

11. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks for the reply, but you're misunderstanding Anthony, there's no edit button AT ALL. Like not even right after you post, not even for 3 minutes. Right after I post there is no edit button, there never has been. I understand about the edit thing expiring, that makes good sense, but I'm saying there's never been an option to edit in that forum... it's different from the other trauma diary areas in that respect.

12. anthony

Argh.... now I know what you mean Evie... thanks, fixed. Sorry, my mistake when setting it up. I missed ticking that little box....

13. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks for fixing it Anthony.