• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Trauma Work & Skills You Learn - Sufferers, Please Respond

Status
Not open for further replies.
My T says hospitalization should be a last resort only as it often re-traumatizes a person. I was glad to hear that because I was so afraid to share with her initially from being afraid I would be hospitalized. She said she would always return a call or text if I am feeling too overwhelmed and I know from the couple times I have had to contact her this is true.

I usually feel more vulnerable after a session, but not generally worse. It is hard to define "worse" when feelings are hard to identify.

@anthony - I guess I don't quite understand what do you refer to when you say 'guilt'....

Oh my god! I cannot explain how accurate your post is. It's the same situation for me. And I feel like I can help you out with some part of this. First let me tell you how my boyfriend has been for the last 3 months with me.

From being deeply in love to slowly and steadily cutting me off and taking more and more space. I am the only person who knows about his PTSD and he feels safe with me. However, he goes without replying to my texts for 7-8 hours straight. When I call he won't answer and he'll call me whenever he feels like and expect me to answer.

He is constantly meeting 1-2 of his friends and seems to be okay when he's around then. However,he won't plan to meet me for 3-4 weeks at a stretch. These people know nothing about what's going On in his life and he still chooses then over me. We talk every day but it's at his beck and call.

His need for space has only increased and it's an unrecognisable pattern. I have started feeling like I'm only someone who he talks to when his anxiety kicks in and when he's feeling fine I am supposed to leave him alone. It's strange but true. He avoids all meaningful conversations and any time I tell him that his behaviour upsets me, he completely moved off the topic and again disappears for 2-3 hours (hoping I would forget about it)

My advice to you Is to do what feels right to you and only you! I strongly feel that a person with PTSD can learn how to love again and how to respect others ' feelings, specially if that someone loves you and cares for you and really shows it ! There is absolutely no excuse for manipulative and poor behaviour and trust me on this. My guy has been very honest with me but recently I found out he has lied about petty things like the time he went to the gym instead of meeting me and lied to me that he was unwell and at home.

Please do what feels right or it will definitely have a serious impact on your mental and physical health.

My best wishes to you,
Goon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back