1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Traumatic dr. appt

Discussion in 'Dissociation, Depersonalization & Derealization' started by Punky143, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Punky143

Punky143 Well-Known Member

This has to be noted- my Dr. was the best throughout the entire appt so it had nothing to do with the complications that arose.
    It was so awful though. The yearly exam with a "minor" procedure included. I don't need to go over every detail because its not the point and not necessary. What I can tell you is, I definitely dissociated and once that happened, everything went black. I could hear my Dr talking to me, explaining what she's doing and frequently asking if I needed a break, but I was unable to answer other than my head shaking one way or the other. My younger part tried so hard to keep quiet while one to three medical professionals were causing so much physical pain. My face was hidden as my hands clutched it having no desire to be looked at. See, this office is very aware of my psych hx and the more recent trauma. What they don't know is that I have DID. My Dr had a nice calm voice but my young part was so scared that my legs started jerking side to side in an attempt to make it stop. That's when it was only her and I and I broke down and cried, my face still hidden. My body ached horribly all day but now even worse. I went home and went to bed. As I'm writing this, the ringing in my ears is so loud and high pitched. I'll leave it to that. I'm scheduled to return for a check up next month and I'm not too sure about it....

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member Sponsor $100+

You did great. Give yourself some credit here. I’m assuming this was somekind of GYN procedure which can be tough for anyone...

+littlebird, ladee and Junebug like this.
Show Sidebar