• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services Treating naturally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altbenji

New Here
Firefighter here. Diagnosed with ptsd, depression, anxiety, and compassion fatigue about a year and a half ago. I was managing as best as possible with therapy and hard work. I was very against medication for myself. I had suffered debilitating symptoms for 2+ years. It got to the point where I couldn't see anything but the darkness. I reached out to someone who does a lot of work with natural supplements. I started taking liquid magnesium supplements twice a day along with doses of tryptophan 4 times a day. I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders within hours. I have been on this regiment for 6 months. I still have some lows from time to time, but I genuinely am as close to my real self as I have been in years. It saved my life. There are alternatives out there.

my naturopath is my hero! I never! thought I would go weeds n twigs but it was the best thing ever! I ended up with the twin fun of PTSD and fibro and while I still have med type meds between the the natro, massage and chiropracter I don't need near as many as I would without.

Sorry for the length of my response, but this shit excites me like no other. Weeds, twigs, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds have made my life much more pleasant than I ever recall it being. To learn so much helpful stuff grows in my own backyard, that most call weeds and poison or pay dearly to have removed, just tickles me. I would have laughed in your face 5 or more years ago and called you a fool for even suggesting such things, strictly based on how I was taught, misfed, misled, and programmed from youth.

But now, I spread the hard-learned lessons I learned/endured every chance I get. It's hard to realize how literally weighed down we are by many of the things we're made to believe we MUST have in our lives to be "normal", not to mention how much heavier the load gets when the help we seek hurts us more than it helps.

Not only are the products weighing us down, but also the energies attached to the product. Many folks can't stomach the process of seeing how things get to them, but will gladly continue to stomach the products as long as someone else does the messy part and they don't have to see it or discuss it. Imagine the pipes in an old house, how mucked up they get, even when there are no visible issues of any water flow problems, until one day, when it gets fully clogged up and then requires heavy duty and expensive work to get it flowing again. That's exactly how our innards are. It's not a problem, until it is. Out of sight out of mind, they are, it seems. No one teaches us about the stuff left behind when we choose to ingest certain things.

I went from multiple prescriptions for an arm's length list of diagnoses, most of which only served to make things much worse, requiring the need for yet another prescription to mask even more symptoms being caused by the last one, and so on, and so on.....to now eating a whole food plant-based vegan diet, no longer consuming alcohol or caffeine, and taking no prescriptions. Prior to that, I weighed in at 324 lbs. and was almost bed ridden, but the doc said I was "healthy" based on my blood work. Ummm...not so much. I give thanks every single day for finally finding ways that work with my particular biology, rather than working so hard against it to keep suppressing symptoms to only show back up in full force later. Our bodies are so much smarter and capable than we've been taught, but we insist on going against what it can healthily process and shutting down the natural processes.

Massage therapy, breathing techniques, chiro adjustments, acupuncture, guidance from a master herbalist, sound healing with Tibetan singing bowls and gongs, an iridology assessment, and learning to do daily intermittent fasting, along with other fasting routines to help detox the years of toxicity I've been steadily building up have literally saved my life and enriched it beyond belief. All that "out there" stuff I used to sarcastically comment on out of sheer ignorance, are the very things that help me the most.

I still hurt like hell some days, I still get triggered, I'm still a highly sensitive being (even more so now with much cleaner innards) who must tread carefully when I venture out, I still feel like shit some days, I'm even more of a "weirdo" now that I no longer consume most of what everyone else around me does, and I still suffer from painful memories, but they no longer control me and I no longer seek help in the places that hurt me the most. Same suffering, different tool box. I wish everyone could have the chance to try all of the "alternative" healing methods to find what truly heals their bodies in the healthiest and kindest ways possible. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I just took my first dose of liquid ionic magnesium. OMG! Nausea relief within minutes followed by anxiety relief. I’m researching magnesium benefits and it’s amazing how supplementing with magnesium can help fix anxiety and depression issues. I’m sold! And I’m going to be pushing this stuff on everyone I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back