1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Treating PTSD and the Importance of Proficient Management Techniques

Discussion in 'General' started by anthony, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

So you read lots of information, learn lots of techniques to manage your PTSD, and practice everything to help you live a better life physically and mentally. Why?

Is it so we can work again? Is it so we can maintain a healthy relationship? Sure, those things matter, but what I am about to enlighten you on is more serious than that, and something that some may be aware of, and some may not. What I hope to achieve by publishing this here, is to make sufferers aware of the physical impact PTSD will have upon them, and possibly even shorten their lifespan, if not managed successfully.

The Impact of Trauma
    • Psychological Impact
      • Survivors of trauma have higher rates of ASD, PTSD, depression, anxiety disorders, dissociative disorders, personality disorders, sexual difficulties, relationship problems, difficulties with anger, suicidality and substance abuse, just to name a few.
    • Physical Impact
      • Survivors of trauma have higher rates of asthma, peptic ulcers, heart disease, cancer, lung disease, liver disease, hypertension, frequency of surgery, fractures, doctor visits, psychosomatic disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, smoking and obesity, also to just name a few.
    You probably need to read the above a second time if it hasn't hit home the first, and possibly a third time even. I want to stress the importance of managing PTSD not just for your short term wellbeing, but your overall longevity of life. As you can see from the above factual problems we face, the chances of our lives being dramatically shortened are heightened over those who don't suffer such traumatic stress.

Scary? Yes. But very achievable to say the least. I hope this has the impact on readers and sufferers that I am hoping it does. It isn't about scareing you, but being honest about why its so important to manage this life threatening disorder.

For those that struggle to get PTSD through to people around them, maybe this is something you can print out, and show them instead, where it points to numerous problems we face, and other illnesses we are at much higher risk off obtaining because of PTSD.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Zamboni

Zamboni Active Member

What are the Proficient Management Techniques ?

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

The techniques are contained all throughout this forum Zamboni, as they vary and are far to many to list in one location.

5. lorrie

lorrie New Member

I wasn't like this before!

It is so frustrating every single day I wake up. I'm not the same as before.
    I want my life back. I want my sense of security back. But the biggest and most important of all, I yearn for the feeling of totall comfort when I walk into a room and feel in complete control, and when all the heads turn to stare, I remember it's because I look good, not because of some stupid reason I can think of at that moment to make myself feel bad.
    I want out of this prison.
    I smell the roses and they seem so close, but I still can't find them. :dontknow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar