• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Triggers From Soon to Be Ex - !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryann

New Here
Since my husband left in early July, I have started T and was diagnosed with PTSD. A book I read about 5 months ago explained what emotional abuse was and I noticed THAT was the thing I couldn't put my finger on that was wrong with my marriage. I just knew I was miserable and felt mistreated, but didn't know why. Now that I know why and have had a breather from him for almost 2 months, I am not willing to be treated that way anymore. He is in complete denial of anything that he's done wrong. He left me and my two teenagers with: a kitchen sink that hadn't worked in over a year, a tub that leaked into the basement and backed up with water, a $980 utility bill, another utility bill that had not been paid since December. He hasn't helped me with mortgage since May and the cable box got disconnected so I had no local stations. When he called he couldn't understand why I as well as the kids were upset with him! He actually called me AT WORK to ask me why I hadn't called him on his birthday! Keeping in mind that our anniversary came and went while he was away! He called me a few days after our anniversary to say (on the answering machine) that he missed our anniversary. Really? What would we say "happy anniversary" to each other to celebrate 22 years?" When he came back for two weeks to pick up more clothes, he stole a diamond ring that he had given me years prior. He actually dug around in my drawers until he found it! Why on God's green earth, would he think I want to still be married for more of the same old stuff? He even threatened me when I hung up on him, because I am not wanting to be degraded by him anymore! Yes, this was a trigger filled day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back