• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trying To Deal With PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mags15

New Here
Hi, my name is Maggie, I am new to this site, and am not sure what to write really. I just really am needing some comfort an knowing that I am not the only one feeling the way I feel. My husband has PTSD, was dignosed with it a year or so ago, but I feel as though it has gotten worse. He was a combat medic in the 82nd airborne. Recently he has been so with drawn from me, at times it feels like he doesnt give a damn about me or my feelings. Nothing is ever good enough, at least it is how it feels. He makes comments at times that are hurtful or just mean and doesnt understand why I am upset, he says I am just being to emotional. We have 2 daughters under the age of 2 and I feel as though I pretty much do everything, but in his eyes I dont do enough. He cant handle when the girls cry cause it reminds him of things that happened in Iraq. I need some help on how to deal with him and his emotional seperation with everything. There is hope right?

You sound as though your feeling lonely and overwhelmed. This seems to me to be a natural and understandable response to your situation. I'm glad you're here and I hope you find support, and hope too.

Welcome Maggie :hello:

I hope you can find the information and support you need for yourself and your family.

Good to have you here!

Hi Maggie,

Yes, I think there is hope. The fact that your husband was diagnosed fairly soon after he got back helps some. Is he in treatment now? From what I hear, things often get worse before they get better. If he's been in treatment for a while, maybe things will start turning around before too much longer.

It has to be frustrating to do everything you can think of to help and to not be appreciated for any of it. There is quite a bit of information here that might be helpful. Glad to see you here, though I gotta admit I'm saddened to see another young veteran with PTSD. I hope you can find ways to keep you family as happy and healthy as possible.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back