1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Trying to Understand PTSD More

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Arashi, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arashi

Arashi Member

Hi all, I have already posted in the Carer section, but decided I should at least do an intor here as well.

I am currently (or kind of not currently) in a relationship with a woman who suffers from PTSD. This info has just come to light for me so I am doing as much research as I can to understand more.

I have read a lot on here already, and this place is a bastion of knowledge and strength.

You folks do a great service to PTSD sufferers and carers worldwide. Good on you. :)

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum...I hope that you can find the info and insight you will need to deal with and to help your (sort of ) girlfriend through this......It will be a tough road, and you will need patience, boundaries, and your self care to look out for too. You also count in this equation.....

Wendy

4. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Welcome once more, Arashi. I'm pleased you came in here to introduce yourself. I have found I learn much from the experiences and thoughts of the sufferers of PTSD. It's therefore excellent that you are willing to become acquainted with them as well.

5. Arashi

Arashi Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. It has been enlightening to read all the stories here, both good and bad.

So much of it makes more sense to me...now I just need to continue to find the best approach to talking to her about what I have learned thus far.

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Arashi! Nice to have another carer.

bec

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Always welcome a new carer to the forum.

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Arashi, welcome to the forum.

9. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Welcome to the forum. it is nice to hear of others taking the time to help others, very admirable. I hope you find all the info you need!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar