• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Uk. General Election - Any Thoughts Or Views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryblossom

MyPTSD Pro
Everything is in the title really. Voting day tomorrow. Will you vote? Or have you already voted by post?

There's a lot of media hype about this. Any thoughts? What are you hoping the outcome will be?

$_35.JPG

I will vote, and I will stay up all night to watch the results. I do enjoy an election, and I want to see what they have done with the swingometer this year

I have already voted. I was pleased that I had signed up for a postal vote as work takes me away tomorrow and I would have been unable to vote in person.

I am interested in Politics but I hate what I perceive as propaganda during the Election Campaign. I judge the parties on their past and present not their promises for the future as we have seen so many promises broken in the past. I am glad that the campaign here is short and sharp, I could not stand it if it was protracted as in the US.

I will not stay up for the results as I need my sleep. However I will be keen to see what has happened when I wake up on Friday morning. I don't think anything is predictable in this election. It does feel quite different to previous General Elections. I am not even convinced that a decision will be made and would not be surprised if we have a further election in a few months.

With the amount of literature that has landed on our doormat I think that all the parties are doing their bit to keep the Post Office in business.

I'm going to vote but I'm still (yes even this close) undecided because there's nobody who stands out as being significantly better than the others. It's a case of choosing the least worst option. Where I am is basically a conservative seat anyway, but I'm not sure if they still will be. I'd like to vote green but my vote will get lost in the masses. Which is sad because I know lots of people think that and if we didn't then the results would probably be very different. It means tactical voting to prevent who you really don't want to be in charge get the seat, rather than voting for who you'd actually like.

It's strange, the difference between home and uni in Edinburgh, I think the SNP might be a good thing but will cause a lot of tension in England. Yet I daren't say anything when I'm at uni because whenever I have I literally get verbally attacked just for saying that I think the SNP might cause resentment in England. I quite like the SNP's policies but I won't be staying in Scotland so...I have to vote as if I'd never set foot in Edinburgh to some extent.

I'm going to stay up and watch it, even though I think the conclusion is forgone- hung parliament. Th interesting part will be to see who does deals with who and which party leaders are so power hungry they'll team up with someone they said they wouldn't *cough* I'm looking at you milliband!

I'm with you on that @Lucycat , I'm not convinced that will get a full out majority.

I will be voting tomorrow. But I hate the way we vote. I should be allowed to vote for who I want to run the country, not just my local constituency.

Like @Ice_Fire says, a vote for a minor party will be lost.

I think I've made my decision, I don't think I'll stay up all night, because I have to work on Friday morning. But then again, my insomnia is so off the scale right now, that I'll probably be awake all night anyway!

I voted by post. I chose to because in the past I have often planned to vote but then been too busy/tired/avoidant to go. I chose to vote for who I wanted in my local seat rather than look at the bigger picture. Our current MP has been in the seat for 10 years and has done some good for the town. He's not an MP for either of the 'big 2' so in a way I guess I've wasted that vote a little, but he has a good chance of keeping his seat and I've chosen to be happy with that.

I don't think there's much to choose between the other parties anyway. As long as UKIP don't get in, that is...

I voted by post.

As long as UKIP don't get in, that is...
Hehe. Our local candidate lives in my town. He is given either the last or first appt. of the day at the hairdressers so as not to upset other clients. He has said such gems as
  • 2 queues at airports. One for white people, one for Indians. Asked why, Indians are all Muslims!!!
  • We have blacks in our party and some are quite nice people really!!!!!
Very scary really.

Really hoping people don't vote UKIP. I think I will go green. I really don't like slander between the labour and lib dems. The greens have good ideas and seem to be the only ones locally who are talking about their policies instead of bad mouthing the others. We are getting 4-6 pieces of political crap every day so will be glad when that stops.

I should be allowed to vote for who I want to run the country, not just my local constituency.
But we don't have a president. Thank heavens

I think UKIP have started to show their lunacy - I suspect they won't end up with any seats. Living in an area with a large Eastern European population, I'd be appalled to see any more discrimination than they already face

Personally I am not in the slightest bit interested in Politics. This is the government in power at the moment and this is the latest successive UK government to totally let down Military Veterans and have completely gone back on the Military Constitution as set out. I Used to follow politics but having become yet another one of their statistics like so many other ex service-personnel I am afraid that I have to abstain for voting for yet another government that will simply fo back on promises made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back