• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Umm, Kinda of Nervous About This

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnycat

New Here
I am new to this site, and I'm not sure why I signed on, though I have been dealing with shit for the past 7 years. I feel like I am on the other side of the mountain finally, but I still have trouble finding someone who understands me.

My hubby also suffers from PTSD though he ignores how it affects his life, and chooses not to pursue getting help, and this is very frustrating.

Right now I am doing ok mentally, it's my body that is getting to me. I have several of the typical physical ailments that are associated with PTSD, and I am always tired and in pain. Sitting here typing is agony right now because of a slipped disk, so this will be short.

I wish that I could find someone local to chat with and get to know. I live in Utah, and it is hard among the religious nature of Utah to find people who are open enough to talk to others about this kind of stuff.

Well, don't know what else to say. I gotta stop typing now and lie down.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn from your experiences

skinnycat:drugs:

Hi Skinnycat! Welcome to the "family"...LOL

I don't know of any local support groups near you, as I am on the East Coast, but I do know that this place is the best support group EVER!

Stick around, read much, cry, vent, whatever...we're here for you!

Kim

Hi there

Have you thought about what kind of things you think have led to you developing PTSD...getting them down somewhere whether in the public or private forum would be a good first step...

Welcome by the way, and hope you recover fast from the slipped disc.

Hi skinnycat. Welcome! I'm glad you are here. Wow, I think we have two couples that both have PTSD on this forum now. That's quite a load you are carrying. I'm not from UTAH, but from IA, and I know what you mean about the "religious" nature and how people tend to shy away from mental issues. I hope that through time and education, that people get rid of the ignorance and embrace all healing for all ailments, including mental disorders. We welcome you.

Hey...how come the name skinnycat? Just wondering....

Hey skinny. Glad to have you. welcome to the forum. Im from the land of Billy Graham, good ole NC. Where psychiatric drugs are "nothin but the devils work", and if people went to church more they wouldnt have psychiatric disorders. My husband also has PTSD and luckily is searching for help. Its pretty crazy living in a house with 2 nuts eh?:hit-boss:

Im just kiddin with ya. I personaly use sarcasm to deal with everything so apology in advance.

Anyway. Were real happy you showed up when you did. This forum is great for, if nothing else, helping people feel "normal" again. There is plenty of support here. Feel free to say whatever is on your mind. The rest of us do.:smoking:

Hi Skinnycat, welcome to the forum and glad you decided to post and say hi. It's always a bit nerve racking when you jump into something like an online community, because you have to find that place, or feeling, just as you do when trying to jump into a social group outing.

SC, you are now part of the community, and there really is no need to be nervous, because your amongst people who know and feel what you feel. PTSD gives us a mutual connection to one another nearly, in that we all suffer the same, its just our path leading to PTSD that is different.

Welcome aboard, and look forward to chatting with you.

Hi Skinnycat. I'm sorry the prevailing religious orthodoxy has failed you. I hope this vitual community is close enough to you, if not geographically, it is still real and present. You sound in a bad way. There is so much on the site in terms of advice and information, some of your hurts can be soothed, though I'm not sure about a slipped disc. Ouch!.

Hi Skinnycat,

Welcome to the forum. Can't really imagine living in an environment where religion is that influential. Not sure many Aussies would take to that too well, so we don't really have towns or cities where that would be an issue. Sure we have pockets amongst the community where there is a strong religious following but nothing like what your describing. Shame isn't it that religion (irrespective of what denomination you are) is supposed to be about community, support and understanding. Anyhow, you are welcome here, we have our own brand of community without the religious hangups.

Welcome, Skinnycat!

My husband and I both have PTSD, as well. He's a disabled combat vet, and mine is from prolonged childhood sexual abuse. He has been in therapy for it for many years, I'm the big chicken in my case! lol! But just in the past week, I've decided enough's enough, I'm ready to begin to heal

I look forward to reading your posts in the future, as it's comforting to know there are a few out there who both have it, just like us =)

Hi Skinnycat and Welcome. I found this site just the other day. I think my husband wants me to lose this site, because at times very talkative. Though he doesn't have PTSD yet, he may if I don't find a qualified therapist soon. -Kidding! Scared stiff of unqualifed therapists. Yeah, I've been talkative, simply because I am amazed. Thrilled with an abundance of intelligent PTSD info., thrilled I'm not alone, still anxious with every post, but I'll tell you just in these last few days, I have been approaching and having conversations with people, in life, I normally would be uninterested in or ill-equipped to have. I credit this site. Hope we here much, much more from you, and that you get some relief from your physical pain soon. Best Wishes!:hello:

Hey skinnycat,
A belated welcome! I'm slowly trying to get to everyone and I think my partner feels like goingonhope's:
I think my husband wants me to lose this site, because at times very talkative.
Only not because I'm more talkative, but because I am spending quite a lot of time on this site, reading, posting, researching, and introducing myself to everyone.
I have a question for you though... What ailments?
I have several of the typical physical ailments that are associated with PTSD, and I am always tired and in pain.
I keep hearing there are physical side effects to PTSD, but thankfully haven't been affected.
Hope you are feeling better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back