1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Unprovoked Violent Attack in School 6 Years Back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dianak121, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianak121

dianak121 New Member

Hey everyone, 6 years ago I was walking through school halls when someone jumped on my back for no reason. I had my hands in my pockets and slammed face first into the ground. Apparently a bunch of kids rallyed this individual to go beat me up. I still don't know why, I never had even spoken to any of them. I was always nice to everyone, and even forgave him afterwards thinking it would help me heal. I just found out from my doctor I have ptsd. I've felt extreme anxiety and detachment since the event, but it hasn't been horrible untill lately. I just keep thinking of the attack, everytime I look in the mirror I see the face which doesn't look like mine, and I go right back to the moment. I just can't escape it, I was so happy, only 14 years old, and everything in a second was taken from me. I just don't know how to get trhough this, I['ve tried everything. Allot of times I think of just ending everything, but then there are glimpses of my past memories which were so happy that keep me going. I'm so glad theres a forum for this, I look forward to speaking with all you and hopefully being helped out from all of your experiences, which im sure are every bit as bad if not worse then mine.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Diana,

Welcome to the forum and glad you found us. Diana, have you been diagnosed with PTSD from a physchiatrist? Do you attend counselling? When you said about looking in the mirror and not seeing the person you where, what do you mean? Have you been severely scared or disfigured as a result of this attack?

4. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hi Diana,

Welcome to the forum.

5. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Hi Diana,

Nice to meet you, you will not find those kind of people here, just the opposit. I hope you find the things you are looking for here:)

6. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Member

Welcome Diana, you are among friends here. Everyone has different circumstances here, but PTSD symptoms are all too familiar.

Jan

7. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hang in there , Diana, and welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar