• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Upstate New York, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

romachado

New Here
Hi. My name is Ramón and I would like to start a support group for PTSD in Upstate New York. My main goal is to attract family members or spouses of PTSD sufferers; however, it may serve us well to also include individuals with PTSD as well. I would appreciate any feedback as to ideas and expectations.

Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you...

I've Been Looking For An Upstate (Albany Area) group

Please pm me if you still are interested. From what I've been able to google, there are others looking for same. It's just the isolation of this illness.

If you guys are still looking to form a group, I live in the Fingerlakes area. I'm looking for a group as well, but more so for sufferers of PTSD. Maybe we can all help each other to see things we have a hard time discussing with our family and friends?
Mouse

Mouse, I was going to call the Bath VA too, to see if they could point me in the direction of some area support groups. I'll post here with any positive information. Welcome to Tioga County!

Well, I've left several messages with the Bath VA and the outpt VA office in Elmira....no one has even given me the courtesy of a return phone call. Maddening.

I've noticed that seems to be a trend lately... it took three calls over the course of three weeks to get a T's office to schedule me in as a new patient even though they've been accepting new patients since before I started looking. Orthopedics in Syracuse? I've been trying to get them to schedule a CT Scan for over a month now. WTH is going on in the world lately??

Keep on trying, Mouse - they are notoriously slow in these parts, but once they have you in the system, your appointments are handed out like candy on Halloween night. ;)

Do you mind if I ask where in Tioga county you are? You can send me a private message if you'd prefer not to say here.

Have located a therapist in the Elmira Red Cross, but he is only specific to family members. I've been seeing him and it's free of charge through the Vet Center. They also have family support groups the last Monday or Tuesday of the month at the RC. Still no leads on a group for sufferers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back