• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Enough time has passed that the rage about Clinton or Trump has passed, for the most part. This is the only thread allowed about US Politics, Trump or policy under the current administration and/or future election.

Before you comment: It is against the law in most countries to write and/or publish hate speech. Your account will be terminated if you engage in illegal activity here.

Laws have caught up with online activity now, and moving fast daily. Social networks globally are now engaged in deleting and enforcing hate speech, removing users and reporting such accounts to law enforcement.

Don't do it.

Otherwise, talk about US politics in this thread all you want, within the above confines; vent your frustrations carefully, in other words.

Edit to add: Merged comment by @joeylittle.

I gather you don't realize how much rage there still is here about Trump,
I approved of this thread; I'm in the US.

The problems we had in the past were related to Trump = general evil vs. Clinton = general evil.

That all seemed to be tied to the election and it's immediate aftermath.

Also, the number of US politics threads grew in such a way as to overtake the forum.

Here's to hoping a thread can exist for US politics/events generally, not only concerning the President.

And all members can weigh in, regardless of where in the world they are.

Last edited:
I agree with @hodge, rage is perhaps growing over here.

It is helpful to remember that your stance is that of an Australian, though - I think American posters forget that there are laws on other places that prohibit freedom of speech. We, on the other hand, are protected under our first amendment to be able to express whatever we want.

Remembering that this site is governed elsewhere allows me to put into perspective why such a triggering topic has been banned.

What IS the official definition of "hate speech" as enforced on the internet?

There is no universally accepted definition of hate speech on the net. The definition varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. That makes prosecution difficult in some cases.

Compounding the issue is that private companies have no obligation to support your speech. That effectively means they can remove any speech from their servers or social media platforms that they disagree with. Private companies are also coming under increased pressure to bear some responsibility for the type of content they allow on their servers and platforms.

I'm glad this has started IMO. There is so much hate regardless of who you voted for and what you believe. It seems like a war has started between all groups and it breaks my heart. Why can't people just agree to disagree? Those of us in the US need to support our President and unite together regardless. It is insane how cruel people have become on all sides. That's my rant for the day!

I'm glad this has started IMO. There is so much hate regardless of who you voted for and what you...

Because agreeing to disagree when times are so bad amounts to complacency. IMHO complacency isn't good at times like these. I don't have a personal need to get along with everyone and sing kumbaya around a campfire. My beliefs and rights are far too important to me.

Here, fishy fishy fishy" (all members can weigh in...) Yeah, I don't think so.
'Regardless of where in the world they are'

I was responding to early claims in the thread that an Australian did not understand the situation.

Global forum.

Posting only to announce you aren't going to post is a form of shit-stirring in my book. Knock it off, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back