• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cactus_jack growing up in the California farming district, I know they don't want to hire anyone who has a family or permanent address because they you have to be able to move around to different areas of the state or even country every few weeks. That is why illegals are perfect for it.

You harvest one area for a couple of weeks and then move on to a new area and so on and so on. They provide the lodging. Most American born people aren't willing to be constantly on the move. At least in California, the one thing they look for when they turn people away is a fixed address.

Honestly, thank goodness for illegals because other wise our food prices would skyrocket.

I have had a $100 billion dollar note in my shirt pocket before as part of a total wadge of $185, 000, 000, 500

The person who lowned that little lot to me, left Zimbabwe before the hundred trillion dollar note came out. He said that he realised things were getting stupid when a single chicken egg in the farm shop was $25,000,000

The budget might be $4G I numbers but that doesn't mean that it will pay for a single cop's donut and coffee in purchasing power.

You are facing the problem of short termism.

It's inherent wherever someone has control over property for a period of time, but doesn't own it.

A good analogy is the difference in the care people usually take of their own car, compared to how they'll treat a hire car or a pool car.

With your own car, you generally try to maximise the life that you're going to get out of it, and any resale value that it might still have when you're done with it.
It would be rare to see someone taking the works pool car home to wash and wax it, or vacuum it out. It typically gets driven hard, because, what the he'll, it probably won't give up when you're driving it.

Trump and any other 'residents has five years to rob the country to reward his cronies. So long as he can manage to keep kicking the can down the road, and complete collapse doesn't occur on his watch, it becomes someone else's problem after that.

The area I live in used to be owned by the church. Adjacent areas were largely owned by privete estates.

On the private estates there are substantial farm steadings and model villages for farm and mine workers, in order to attract the best tenants.

By contrast a Bishop had a few years to milk the estate for income to spend on fine dining and whores. He couldn't sell it or pass it on to heirs. So apart for houses for clergy, the buildings were small and poorly built, the strip system of farming continued in enclosed fields until... pretty much the present day. They had the worst tenants that no one else would have.

Don't get me wrong, you can get a very bad private landlord or monarch, but if he's threatening the inheritance, or the dynasty he (or she) is likely to find himself closely supervised, or meet with a car crash.

If everyone is a self owner, then it's up to them to take care of what is their'site, as they see fit.

OK, how is the deficit financed?

It's usually done in a disguised manner.

The government will issue bonds,
These are bought by, amongst others, banks

The banks then either lodge them as security with, or sell them to the central bank, which then credits the banks accounts with new based currency.

This is a round about way, that obfuscated what's happening: The central bank is printing new money to pay for the government's expenditure!

This dilutes the purchasing power of the existing money - more money is chasing the same amount of goods and services.

It also causes a redistribution of purchasing power away from the people who get the new money last, and towards those who get it first (government and cronies).
Those who get that new money first get to spend it before prices go up, those who get it last have to pay the higher prices before it gets to them.

State sector pensign funds also "buy" and hold government bonds. Again that disguises what's happening. People's pension payments go in, and the government spends any surplus over what is being paid out as actual pensions and replaces the money that it has taken with "bonds". Magic beans would have been more honest, at least you could eat them.

What are bonds?
They're promises to tax the people at some point in the future! For the principal and interest!

Because it is assumed that government won't default on its bonds, they tend to be attractive "investments" which has the effect of crowding out investment in actual productive ventures.

Personal opinion, they're not safe investments. If the government has to honour the bonds, it is likely to do it by printing even more money.

It's a scam, anyway you care to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back