• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't seen any news about who drove that car. I'm afraid it was someone who is toward the left. We have to be better!!!

I'm just speculating, because we all get angry about white supremicists. And this was a white supremicist march. I shouldn't have said anything. But I was horrified when a liberal shot that GOP congressman a couple months ago and terrorized the others practicing baseball. Unfortunately, evil does not always take sides. Let's just wait and see what is revealed. They have the driver in custody, so we should hear something before too long.

I don't understand the need to speculate that a "liberal" was driving that car due to the fact that we are angry about white supremacy? That is quite a leap. Also, I thought the man who shot the GOP congressmen suffered from an acute mental illness. Evil?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I also remember he was mentally ill, but also remember he leaned more toward the Dems than the GOPs. I hope I'm wrong with this. I really, really do.

And, as I said, I regret speculating about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awful day for Charlottesville. I'm praying for the families of the people who were killed and for all still suffering in the hospital. Here's what Obama (my president forever) had to say:

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love. For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

He was quoting Nelson Mandela.

My question is, though, how do you teach someone to love instead of hate?

I've had a number of people tell me that they thought Barack Obama was extremely divisive and the source of much of the racial tension in this country. I've wondered (and asked) if they ever actually listened to him, because that wasn't anything like anything I ever heard. What I've heard, has pretty much sounded like that, and it doesn't sound divisive to me.

@hodge Obama. The definition of dignity in my opinion. Thank you for sharing his quote, Mandela's words. I missed this somehow. At this very moment, there is a Bay Area support Charlottesville demo beginning. Already I hear the helicopters. This will not end well I fear.

Also I'd like to attempt an answer to your question but am unable to at the moment. Unfortunately for me, helicopters are a trigger. So far so good though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back