• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berkeley has been a magnet for this "alt right" behavior. Nothing as yet as destructive as today, but damage has been done and an "alt-right protest" is planned for late August. I live on the border of Berkeley/Oakland. Things *often* get ugly.

Thank you though, I hope so as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like maybe he was one of the alt-right people, extrapolating from his mother's statement below:

"The suspect being held in a Virginia jail in connection with a deadly crash near a scheduled rally of white nationalists has been identified as James Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Maumee, Ohio, according to Superintendent Martin Kumer with the Albermarle-Charlottesville County Regional Jail. Fields is being held on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding and failure to stop in an accident that resulted in death.

"• Fields' mother, Samantha Bloom, told the Toledo Blade, a CNN affiliate, that he told her last week he was going to an "alt-right" rally, but she didn't get involved in his political views. "I told him to be careful ... if they are going to rally, to make sure he is doing it peacefully," she told the newspaper. CNN's attempt to reach Bloom were unsuccessful.

"• Angela Taylor, a spokeswoman for the University of Virginia Medical Center, said there were five patients from the crash in critical condition, four in serious condition, six in fair condition and four in good condition."

Such freaking unnecessary violence. It is so disgusting. Why do they want to turn our nation into Nazi Germany? Why don't they just go to an island somewhere and have their own country? They clearly have no clue about what America is really about.

And the last thing we need right now is more traitors in our midst.

I did, too, to be honest, but I was trying to withhold judgment, or even allow for the other possibility, until the facts were in. It's just so awful to contemplate how violent these people can be.

And, of course, the Resident can't even call a spade a spade.

Even though my foreign friends well know my politics, I am growing increasingly ashamed to talk to them.

I can't grasp how, why or what reason anyone would have for driving a car into a group of people. I just don't get it!!!! It's soooooooo horrible, unimaginable, so disgusting!!!!! To just kill people because?!?!? ? ? Have never understood killing and never will!!!!

My heart goes out to all of the people that were hurt and the young woman that was killed....

So, with his unhinged press conference today, Trump showed himself to be a pathetic master of false equivalency, well, not even really equivalency. He was clearly standing with the white supremacists and claiming that the counterprotesters were the problem. Even a Fox news host couldn't believe her ears and almost cried on the air.

And he STILL hasn't called that young woman's parents to offer condolences and still not a word about the mosque bombing in Minnesota.

Earlier today I wrote my senators and rep to urge them to support or initiate action to get him out of office as soon as they come back to work. This is just completely intolerable anymore. I'm sure they want to wait for Mueller's conclusion before impeachment, but they can do the 25th Amendment any time now! Any time!

rant warning: There were not "many sides" to what occurred in Charlottesville, there were TWO and one of them was spewing hate and white supremacy! Also, these people have no permit for their "No Marxist in America" rally next Sunday. We'll see what happens, you know, now that a "presidential" gift-card has been given. (perhaps a more colorful version of the above will appear on this "swearish" thread I have heard of...)

www.eastbayexpress.com/SevenDays/archives/2017/08/14/white-nationalists-plan-yet-another-brawl-in-berkeley

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back