1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

User Adaruth is Marilyn S.

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

To all members, so you are aware and hopefully no confusion to recent posts made, username: adaruth is actually Marilyn S. who deceptively used another name, email, all details to get an account here. She sent me a PM outlining this information, and whilst deceptive in itself which she recognises, from what was said to me I have unbanned Marilyn S. and merged her recent posts as adaruth into her original username.

Whilst I am not happy about the actions, I am happy about her words to me in private for me to take her out off being banned. The simple reason is, is that Marilyn has demonstrated to me that she wants to heal and cut the crap surrounding it. That is what this forum is about.

Nevertheless, due to the breach in privacy to begin with, I will not be providing private access details any time soon to her due to the original incident.

This is purely to allow all members to know what has occurred and why upfront.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, then let me say welcome back to the forum! I do look forward to you wanting to get back on to healing and the work involved. And big thumbs up coming clean sooner than later. Must have been very hard to suck that up and admit to.

4. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

1. Welcome back Marilyn!
    2. Anthony, that kind of honesty I admire. Thank you for being forthright!

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

I have a stupid question... With the openness of this board, members being able to say just about anything. Talk in depth about almost every subject, swear, scream, vent.....How does one get banned?????

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that one. The last board for PTSD I was on I got banned for telling another member that I wasn't mad at him......OMG!!!!!!! The mods told me to FIX myself and don't worry about his paranoia.... I got a week off for that one, but after thinking it over....I told the MODS to shove their board where the sun don't shine.....:finger:

Just wondering......

Welcome Marilyn......

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Welcome back Marilyn! That was indeed honest of you to admit your deception. Very good for your overall well being too, as harbouring such a secret will only make you ill in the end. Well done, I look forward to speaking with you again.

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome back Marilyn! So do we call you adaruth or marilyn now?

bec

8. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

She Cat, it's not a stupid question at all. I can't answer it, but I know where you're coming from. I've been on a few Yahoogroups for CPTSD and one I was banned from because the woman running it was, quite frankly, a power freak. She wasn't doing the group as much for the people to help them as she was for the power. I can't explain it right here, but maybe in another thread.

Don't worry She Cat, you're not alone.

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

See both of these threads as it should explain some of your questions about banning:

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread4903.html[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread5113.html[/DLMURL]

bec

10. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Hey Girl

Welcome home.....I too am very proud of you, you sucked it up, got the backbone and talked to Anthony.....very proud indeed...

Obviously he did not BITE either....lol:kickass:

11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Welcome back Marilyn... I'm glad that things are in the open, and that it sounds like you are back on a track towards healing.

Lisa.

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Let me just say it is quite difficult. You can insult me, call me names, etc etc, won't get you banned, but Marilyn S. broke privacy by allowing her husband access to her username and a private area of the forum. That is what got her banned along with her attitude of it at the time, ie. who cares! I care, other members care about their private information. We all rely upon one another. One person lets it down, the system crumbles.

That is how you can get banned here.... along with a few other ways, ie. spamming the forum, malingering is another, etc etc.

13. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Anthony,

Thanks for the clarification... I hope that I haven't upset you further with my questions, as it really wasn't my intention. Sometimes....I just friggin speak without thinking.......(But truly did want to know too)

Thanks again,

Wendy