1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

User Blogs Now Released

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I have purchased the blogging attachment for vbulletin in order for members to have their own blog as part of their username profile.

A blog is your personal space, the same as myspace or typical social networking sites work. This forum is a social networking site as such, just within the PTSD niche and not open to anyone. The blogs are the same.

Unfortunately, having a blog here comes with certain responsibilities, thus only members who have 100 posts and above have access to creating blogs.

All members can read blogs, and depending upon each blog owner and how they setup their blog control panel, depends who can post comments to their blog, ie. a blogger has the ability to allow everyone to post comments or only those on their buddy list. This obviously does not pertain to administrators as they have access to everything.

Enjoy... another learning aspect. Same rules apply on blogs, ie. you cannot edit your content once posted or delete it. Only a [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread4774.html"]super moderator and above[/DLMURL] can do that.

Now, I have allowed bbcode to be used in the initial post, however; all code is turned off for comments. The only thing you can do in comments is post text and use one image (smilie) per comment.

Blogs are accessible from your user profile.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I'm having fun with my blog... are we allowed to have fun? ;) It doesn't have to be serious like a diary does it?

4. anthony

No, that is the idea of it Evie. It is your space.

5. anthony

I have now added the ability to easily view members blogs through the user drop down menu. The menu displayed when you click a users name in posts, if that member has an active blog you will be presented the option to view their blog, otherwise you will see nothing.

6. morgan

morgan Well-Known Member

Anthony, this question has been bothering me for a couple of months. What exactly is a blog? I feel like I should have one now that I'm over 100 posts but, I don't know what it is or how to do it. I just recently learned how to navigate between forums! Sorry, I don't know much about computers.

Thanx, Morgan

7. anthony

Go to the wikipedia and lookup blog, and it will tell you what it is in detail.