• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Usually sleep pretty well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
Ok, sometimes I have nightmares and I often wake early, but on the whole, I generally get enough sleep and am not tired during the day. A number of years ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnea (I stopped breathing something like 60x a minute) and since I got a C-PAP, I do much, much better.

But lately - like the last 2 months, I have trouble getting to sleep and always wake up super early. I also can't remember my dreams at all. Super weird for me. I always remember at least 2. I recently went to the sleep center, and I'm not having any apneic episodes. My C-PAP connects wirelessly, so they can check by computer what my sleep pattern is every night in terms of apnea.

My t says it's the depression. These days I don't know what to believe anymore. My mind doesn't race, I just lie there with a blank mind and a very awake brain. :-( And when I wake up, it's still dark outside and all I can think is, "Why am I still here?"

I don't know how much it matters to your particular biology, but I have to shut off my wireless connection before going to bed, or I don't seem to rest as well. I'm super sensitive to energies of all kinds, but didn't realize it until after many years of suffering multiple diagnoses and treatment attempts. Obviously you can't shut off your c-pap machine, but is there a way to use it so it doesn't require a wireless connection for a couple days or so just to test and see if that might be interfering with your rest?

I don't know how much it matters to your particular biology, but I have to shut off my wirele...

I don't know if it *requires* a wireless connection; I may have stated that incorrectly (although that's how the tech put it). It has an SD card that holds all the memory that can be removed and uploaded to their system. I don't need to have wireless to run it, though. Now that you mention it, though, I do have wireless in my home, so maybe I will try shutting that down to see if there is any improvements. I'm willing to try anything at this point, and I also tend to be very sensitive to everything and have a lot of various (and weird) diagnoses. Do you do anything else, like with electricity, to cut down on that sensory overload?

I have the program (f.lux, I think) that lessens the light on my laptop screen at sunset....no TV in the bedroom...keep a salt lamp on 24/7...keep a cd player in there for soothing sounds on occasion (whereas I used to use my wireless connection to listen to them from my laptop)...use a small fan next to my bed as white noise....and keep the temperature as comfortable as possible, as cold hurts my body.

Also, as far as the electricity and sensory overload within my own body, I pay close attention to all I consume (I no longer digest the energies of animals or artificial stuff) and don't eat solid food after 8ish at night....and only drink herbal infusions or lemon water when I'm thirsty. The more active I am within each day, the more peaceful I rest at night, also. I used to have major sleep issues, was diagnosed with severe insomnia, had sleep studies done that showed no issues, and was prescribed xanax and ambien to try to "fix" them, to no avail. I also used to be a shift worker, which only made things worse.

Wow @Tornadic Thoughts. That's awesome. I never really had too many problems sleeping until recently, except for the apnea, which causes severe daytime sleepiness. I have a very small opening at the nasopharynx, but the CPAP really solves that issue.

I think a big contributor to my depression (besides all the old and additional trauma) is my diet. I tried last year to see a nutritionist and really re-vamp my diet, but I really could not manage it due to the depression and then I started having severe PTSD symptoms, and I was lucky I could get anything in during the day.

I work second shift, but I'm a night owl, so...

Oh, I sleep with a night light - can't without one. It's not in my bedroom proper, though. I have a short hallway that leads to my bathroom and it's in there so the light doesn't keep me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back