• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Valentines - Why Is It So Hard To Find a Simple Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

MyPTSD Pro
why in this world can't somebody make a card for a mother or father that just says, "l love you" and let it go? i spent at least an hr. trying to find a card that didn't have a blatent lie in it. i hate not to send at least a card, they are getting old, and i don't have to be there because of the distance. every thing i picked up extolled virtues of patience, and love, and kindness, being there, etc. i stood there in the aisle with tears running down my face from sheer frustration, feeling like an idiot. ok, guess i needed to vent.
cathy

Hell, why even stress over a bogus "holiday"? I do not even get Valentines from my hubs... (yes, I pout some) Just an excuse to boost sales of more BS we do not need after we are barely done paying for the Christmas holidays. Besides it is a "lovers'" holiday and saying Happy Valentine's is just the norm with flowers. But why parents? I would not even dream of telling my parents that. Maybe that is just me?

what I do..

I just buy the freakin blank ones.. nice pic on the front.. nothing inside.. say only what you want.. or just the one that only says Happy freakin Valentines Day. :biggrin:

yeah I am not big on the V-Day one either.. never ever bothered with it.. I get Matt his little cards to give out.. buy him a simple treat and that is it.. I could freaking care less.. god forbid someone tried to make me celebrate it.. way I see it is that there is no reason you can't show everyone you love that you love them everyday.. if you need a bloody holiday to prove it.. then there is something really really really wrong with your idea of love.. so yah, bogus holiday in my eyes that companies just push to suck money out of sheeples pockets.. LOL

can you tell I don't like this holiday?? :rofl:

bec

OMG, Cookie! I had this problem with my Mom's birthday. It's so hard to find that card that says how I feel without sounding like I'm her distant cousin she doesn't know! Are you crafty? I would just make a good looking card with things she likes or they like. My moms would have a lot of purple in it and maybe scented with lavender. The words? Well, "Happy Valentine's Day"

Kudos to you for trying to find a card.

OK, of track here, my daughter wants this in here...LOL :pills: I'm not going to speculate why she picked that.....

As for a Valentines Day card for the wife i will give her the same as i gave her, and she gave me for Christmas F--- all.

Nugget, you are just an old romantic arn't you me old mucker.
PS. Sorry we Scots didn't thrash the English at Twickenham on Saturday.
Cheers
Scott:kickass:

PS. Sorry we Scots didn't thrash the English at Twickenham on Saturday.

Grin!!!! The Calcutta Cup is England's once again!!!! What an excellent return to form!:biggrin:

Hi Piglet, yes we didn't give them a thrashing unfortunately, but that try was never over the line, the video proved it. We'll get our own back next year at Murrayfield. By the way, you still have the Welsh to face and they are after revenge after last year defeat. So Beware of the Dragon.
Cheers
Scott:thumbs-up

Cathy, I would make your own actually... my suggestion. You can often find a nice photo, give it to a local printer and they will have card designs ready to roll, add your photo into each one giving it that personal touch, and only then containing what you want printed as a standard thing, or nothing at all, just for you to write only what you want to say.

I can't ever find a card

you are so right Cookie ,, once I really wanted to send a card to my child ,, I went down the iale and tried to look for one ,, in about 15 minutes I was cursing and flipping cards thu the air ,, I was never good at sending card ,,,but this was important to me ,, Robin and had not seen each other in 10 months ,,, well I freeked out and left the store ,, sent home some money { it was cristman } and them called home cristmas morning ,,,
all my family most understand by now ,,, cause all they ever get is a phone call on any given ,, Holiday ,, its hard not to curse right there !!!:cussing: Beatle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back