• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Vera's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vera

Confident
Q1. What colour is the road?
purple / red wine. there are icy blue trees around, but far away on the left and right.
Q2. What texture is the road?
soily
Q3. How solid is the road?
not much.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
i walk over it and light blue tiles appear under my feet as i do, and then vanish. they move a little, so it's not very stable.
Q5. What does the water look like?
it's not water, it's mud.
Q6. How fast is the water current?
fast. it's kind of curly.
Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
rotten fish. teir guts' been taken off.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house?
grey and yellow, as it is made of stone and the roof is made of hay
Q9. What condition is the house in?
it's pretty rotten. damp.
Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?
a witch and a piggy.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup?
light brown (it's made of wood)
Q12. What condition is the cup in?
it's pretty clean and recently made.
Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?
clean water and a goldfish.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?
it's a pile of dry tree branches. they've not been cut (as in with an axe) but torn, as in because of lightning. they've been getting lots of rain, so they're kinda slick. they're dark grey.
Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?
the sky is icy grey. not much more.

Q1. Q2. Q3.
My mental image is like a lame low-bit arcade game. (like pitfall). i think the colors are that mixed up because everything right now feels a bit like an unsettling dream. i could even hear the music when i tried to picture it, and it was unsettling itself... the icy gray trees might represent that, in some way, i fear winter's coming for me. the road is soily because, you know, walking on soily ground leaves you much more tired than you would imagine staring from the outside.

Q4. Q5. Q6. Q7.
i interpret my answers to these in two different ways. on one side, this could mean that i'm feeling very confident in my abilities to move through obstacles, and that's why i can make the magic tiles appear, but i've not gotten used to feeling that way yet, and that's why it's kinda shaky and i can't walk glamourously across.
on the other hand, it kinda means to me that my imagination is the only thing that keeps me away from the mud & rotten fish of what the world keeps providing for me.

Q8. Q9. Q10.
i have no clue of how to interpret these, and it's weird because this is the image that created itself more violently (quickly) and firmly in my head, so i will instead talk about how i feel about the house, the witch and the piggy.
i don't want to be there. i don't want them to notice i am there, because they will want things from me. i don't know what things, but they could mean no good. i know they know i'm walking by. the witch stares through the peeking hole holding a watering can and the piggy just jumps around with dry flowers around his neck (the witch decorated him for a celebration she's holding).
the witch dislikes the piggy very much. she kicks him to move by. but she's not going to eat him, she just keeps him there for company. the piggy doesn't feel anything good or bad for the witch, he's just too simple and squishy and noisy. i dislike piggy too, because he is not simple as in innocent: he is simple as in rudimentary. and i HATE meaningless noise.

Q11. Q12. Q13.
I think this represents the fact that i have a strong feeling that somewhere there is cleanliness and innocence and perfection. sadly, sometimes you can only take a peak at it and move by. some of it stays with you though. it's funny, i'm not a religious person, but it kinda felt like jesus touched the cup and stared into it and that is why the fish appeared. the fish doesn't move... he doesn't need to. he is every fish and every one of us and all the bears and trees and jesus and every state of everybody, and it's the ultimate state of perfection.

Q14. Q15.
i think this could represent that i've gotten to a point where i can see hope, and yet i can't move on because all the pieces of me and everything (branches) that have been torn have never been moved out of the way. it's more disgusting to take them off now because many rains have fallen over them and there are little parasite plants growing on them. maybe it represents that i was too tired and focused on survival to actually "clear" myself up on the inside, and not taking the time to do so then just makes it more uncomfortable now. and the sky... i still can't see where all this opening up will lead me, and it's scary.

You feel life has hurt you in many ways, hence you feel as though your struggling every step of the way at present. You are not that trusting within intimacy likely due to your feeling of being deceived and depreciated by someone. You are very aware of this problem. Your support systems are strong, yet you feel they dampen you in some way. Maybe this is your belief in fooling yourself, in that maybe they have not been as strong as you would like them to off been due to someone possibly failed to protect you who should have done so! Its like you are confused, yet desire to return to an earlier time, like childhood. An unhealthy relationship tarnishes your commitment, likely due to you demonstrate commitment towards someone or something other than your partner (if you have one); if single you you have commitment towards someone or something that may not yet recognise such. Your largest problem at present is feeling a victim of life, likely from a male, which you keep secrets still. You are pessimistic regarding your future at present. Confusion still predominates.

i just wanted to say thanks for posting this, Anthony! i have some comments on it but i'll take some time to think it over and read it a couple more times. see you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back