• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Versed resistance anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse

MyPTSD Pro
I am resistant to the anesthetic Versed (Midazolam). I believe it is linked to PTS. I am interested to hear if other suffers have experienced this please. This drug is commonly used for "conscious sedation" in the U.S. I get combative, feel and remember everything that occurs under this drug. I had an experience today with 4 spinal injections and remember everything. I felt the entire procedure, screamed and begged for them to please stop. I was strapped down and forced through the remaining 3 spinal shots. It is supposed to cause amnesia but I remember all of it. This happened last year with an MRI with the same medication. I believe hypervigilance may contribute to this resistance and am interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this or something simlar.

I've had 43 surgeries. They often use Versed as a pre-med, but it has zero effect on me. It doesn't calm me, doesn't ease pain, doesn't cause amnesia. The last 10 or so surgeries, I have asked them to give me oral alprazolam as that at least helps a little, and skip the modazolam all together. My last two surgeries they used ketamine to relieve pain and help calm me, as I was in agony and terrified (I had an infection that was causing the tissues in my leg to die).

I think for me, it's not from PTSD but truly a drug tolerance from having it used so much.

I've had 43 surgeries. They often use Versed as a pre-med, but it has zero effect on me. It doesn'...
Thank you. I am wondering if I metabolize drugs quickly. I spoke to the doctor and he was really surpised I remembered everything. He said he hasn't given a patient 6mg of versed in 10 years. They have a lot of combat vets and other patients with PTSD that it works on as well. It helps to hear there are others with this issue as well. I am sorry you went through that painful surgery.

This is common to me and occurred prior to ptsd. It's a matter of individual physiology and not ptsd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back