1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Veteran Checking The Place Out

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by T.J., Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.J.

T.J. Member

G"day All,
    Veteran

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi TJ, welcome to the forum.

4. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forum TJ, :hello:glad you found us; You've found a great site. Keep checking the place out and in your time, do hope you get to know and chat with some of us and us, you. ..:dontknow:..

Take Care,

Hope

5. T.J.

T.J. Member

Wow, 3 years on! So much has happened in my life. Im currently doing a course at Toowong Hospital in QLD. My life has been hell since I was diagnosed and it all has fallen apart, now the love of my life has walked! Where do you go from here?

6. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

I am sorry to read that your relationship has suffered due to PTSD TJ however, unfortunately, it is not uncommon.

It is pleasing that you are obviously trying to help yourself if you are doing a course which I presume is PTSD related. Do you think your relationship is totally over or is there a change if you can get your PTSD more managed (if that was the problem)?

As to where do you go from here......I think your focus needs to be getting yourself better and finding out what works and doesn't work for you. What options have you explored over the past 3 years?

7. T.J.

T.J. Member

Hi Nic, may I call you that. I think it is over if only someone could explain to her that Im sick and NOT the arsehole which seems to rear its ungly head. Yes the course is a PTSD course, its the second one I have done, but Im only halfway through so a little way to go. I was diagnosed in 2001 after a second tour of East Timor (Army) this time losing the plot. The first course I believe was too close to my diagnosis & it was just all too much to take in, so I guess denial was the culprit.

I spent ALL my energy trying to ignore it hoping it would all go away, I was taking so much medication it was making me sick ad unable to function in life to Im sure the piont where my wife couldnt handle living with me any longer. I became so un emotional and FLAT that I hadnt realized what had happened to me!

8. blackpearl

blackpearl Active Member

Hi T.J.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not military.

But I'm curious how you manage to deal with your combat Ptsd what is so different in many ways from non combat Ptsd.

So I'm just a good listener or how to say.

9. T.J.

T.J. Member

Thanks Blackpearl- Ive just had the forum rules thrown at me for apparently spelling and grammer.
    That just pushes my suds through the roof. Red tape.
    Anyway, I haven't dealt with my Ptsd thats why Im seeking some self help through this means.
    Look forward to chating with some people, especially other veterans who have combat related Ptsd and hopefully getting some help.

10. Junebug

Junebug I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

Hi T.J. Welcome

Sounds like you are self-aware and being honest, 2 major strong points.
    Peace to you.

11. T.J.

T.J. Member

I have tried to locate the extras link for combat Ptsd, can anyone help me?

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Top navbar "extra's" then directly below it, you will see "Combat PTSD Forum".

13. blackpearl

blackpearl Active Member

"Look forward to chating with some people, especially other veterans who have combat related Ptsd and hopefully getting some help."

I understand that. There seem to be some veterans here, also in the forum Anthony mentioned.
    I hope you get the help you are looking for.

Good Luck T.J.

Regards,
    Blackpearl