• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Veterans With Ptsd On Current Tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissociation

Confident
Veterans often overmedicated, underserved by programs to treat PTSD:

[DLMURL]http://current.com/shows/the-young-turks/videos/veterans-often-overmedicated-underserved-by-programs-to-treat-ptsd[/DLMURL]

Yep, that sounds about right. There is a two fold issue though with this, and that is that the soldier doesn't want to often participate by opening up and letting down that military wall of trained aggression, plus the treatment side is miserably failing due to the sheer numbers of veterans affected compared to the treating physicians available.

To be honest, what they need to start doing is looking at the long-term viability of how a different approach can take affect.

Many soldiers still see other soldiers they served with, even those with PTSD. What they need to do is start grabbing one soldier at a time and dedicating one therapist to them for a 3 month term, 8 - 15 hours a week going out and doing things, talking about how a situation makes them feel, working through solutions on how to tackle it, then setting them out to do it themselves and report back. Going head on one-on-one will then allow them to go and help their mates out. That is what soldiers do... they help their buddies who want to be helped. They have to recognise and be taught they can't save someone who isn't ready to be saved, but when you present walking, talking, physical evidence to a soldier, i.e. their mate is now doing better, that is what they recognise.

This then removes a lot of burden from the VA and other country VA systems, because they literally create a buddy system that will perpetuate through those who want to get better, all because they stopped trying to treat the masses and instead focus one-on-one and get one soldier functioning... then let them loose upon their buddies to help them. They may never work again, some may work again... but when you have a network of affected guys suddenly getting better, calming down and causing less issues within a community, and even returning to work, thus reducing financial burden upon the Government, you create a sustainable working model that a soldier understands.

This stuff isn't rocket science... but so called professionals are all too busy sticking their heads in the clouds with quick fixes, which just doesn't work on combat PTSD due to the training instilled.

This stuff isn't rocket science... but so called professionals are all too busy sticking their heads in the clouds with quick fixes, which just doesn't work on combat PTSD due to the training instilled.

It's about money at the end of the day, they would rather spent less money on quick fixes than more money on long term solutions.

I don't think it's occurred to them that in the long term quick fixes will cost more money:rolleyes:.

In my sufferers case it was just a matter of discharging him medically unfit and giving him lump sum compensation. Sure treatment was offered and paid for but there is no onus on anyone to ensure he is getting treatment as he is no longer their problem. As for the damage to families, no one takes responsibility for that.

To be honest, I honestly couldn't be bothered trying to present my view. Professionals read here, and if they find something from any member to be relevant, then the choice resides with them already. Presenting it on TV won't change anything at the end of the day, IMHO... because the experts leading the push for intervention are the ones who have to change, and they will either read it here and do just that, or they will read it here and not bother, because they believe their failing methods will one day work for them.

I kind off lost any faith in the US Government a long time ago. You only need review the sheer amount of money wasted on idiotic projects they've attempted and paid for, trying to treat veterans. Funnily, most of those programs had financial incentives with third party companies... funny that!

Current TV I believe is owned by Al Gore! JMHO he is good at making people think he is doing good for humanity. Research his background which shows his personal life is opposite what he professes. I think it becomes a way of life for those with power. Sad.

Oh, well, it is not important to me if Al Gore is not that good guy he wants to appear, I only know that Current TV is a really good network worldwide, it gives a good service to society and I like it ;)

Anyway, I only found this video and I wanted to share it with you, not interested where it came from.

Peace and love. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back