1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vietnam Vet Ex-Wife

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lucnsat, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Lucnsat

Lucnsat New Member

2. anthony

anthony MyPTSD Admin Staff Member Premium Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you have been diagnosed with PTSD, you have what is called secondary PTSD. You can read more from the link provided.
  3. patrick

patrick New Member

Hi Lucnsat,

I am a Vietnam vet with two ex-wives. I denied I had PTSD until about three months ago. God I hope neither of them caught it from me. Come to think of it, I hope you're not one of them. :eek:

I look forward to hearing more about your experience.

Pat
  4. Shamstalat

Shamstalat New Member

Hello, Lucnsat.

I'm glad you found this site and are starting on your healing process. I'm sorry to hear that your ex-husband never got to that point.

That is what breaks my heart the most about war, is how it gets the PTSD ball rolling. Soldiers, nurses, etc. get PTSD. Then their families get secondary PTSD. It is just the saddest thing, all in the name of made-up noble causes like "patriotism" and "freedom." And yet we have been fighting wars for as long as we have recorded history, and we never realize that those noble causes are just our attempt at rationalizing something that is fundamentally irrational.

And that rationalization of the irrational leads to this--people suffering from PTSD, and their families from secondary PTSD.

Hugs, Lucnsat.