• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Virtual Potluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun seeker

MyPTSD Pro
I know a lot of us here have digestive issues stemming from stress. At the moment I am quite restricted in what I can eat, and missing a lot of things. Probably I'm not the only one.

Anyone like to join me for a virtual potluck that includes those things we used to be able to eat? Right now I am craving donuts and hazelnut coffee, so I'll bring those. The kind with custard filling and chocolate coating. Mmm...

From the no-dairy bench we've got...

Dungeness crab legs dipped in butter :happy:
Mango Lassis & Chicken Tikka Masala
Luscious Brie
Smoked Salt Chocolate Covered Caramels
:D

Oh! & some oysters on the half along with the ones I can't eat: Grilled open with white wine, creamy sorrel sauce, & bacon.

Maybe some BBQ Chicken Quesodillas, too! Ooey gooey melty cheese, yay!

Chicken enchiladas covered in cheese with spanish rice and refried beans covered with sour cream and cheese. And for desert. losts of ice cream covered in chocolate sauce.

You know, it's not just eating all this stuff that I miss, it's cooking. I used to be quite a baker. When my anxiety ramps up at night, I haven't found anything that quite replaces spending time in the kitchen making another batch of cookies or a cake or some such... but there's no point when there is no one to eat it.

So I need people to consume the fruits of my late-night efforts. Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back