1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Wait... So I'm Not Crazy?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NakedAnxiety, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

Okay, I guess I wouldn't go that far...

It took me a while but what do you know, I seem to have found a group of people who I can at least feel crazy with! Where was this board when I was failing EMDR a couple of years ago?

About me... first off, I'm not really naked... just feel that way sometimes. I've got this PTSD with a vengence thing too. I had a fun childhood where I broke one bone after another, adding up to hundreds... 69 major leg fractures by the time I was 17 and then with puberty ending, the frequency slowed significantly. But guess what? I break bones less frequently but lucky for me I get to continue living out the ones from the past all day, every day and a few times in the middle of the night for good measure.

So... I shut it all up with scotch in the evening and I'm okay until about 3:30am when it starts all over again.

I've tried all the drugs... Paxil helped a little for a while but then it was like taking sugar pills. EMDR made it worse... now I'm going to try blogging and this little message board.

If you are interested, you can read my first 2 entries at blog.nakedanxiety.com

It has been interesting reading all these posts from people who seem to "get the insanity."

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I liked your blog. Very articulate which for me is so hard these days. I speak, don't expect more LOL. Look forward to chatting with you more.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Hey, na, welcome to the forum.
    cathy

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome aboard naked anxiety... glad to have you hear and look forward to chatting with you more.

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Naked.

7. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

Thank you all... I've learned a lot today reading post after post. This is an amazing resource for anyone with this problem (or is it problems... seems plural makes more sense.)

I've never had a back-and-forth of any kind with someone who deals with the same issues I do... thanks.

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, you will get more than your fair share if you stick around :)

9. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

Are you kidding? I have PTSD, I never stick to anything that might help me.

10. anthony

I must say, that is pretty funny, though appropriate for PTSD ha?

11. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome aboard Naked. Glad you found us. I wish this site was here during my worst a few years ago, but it's a great help after the worst too.

12. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

Well... let's just say I've had the symptoms long before anyone had a non-military term to apply them to. And I have way too many unfinished projects staring at me everyday of my life.

It is sad and wonderful to find others who at least on some level get my sick sense of humor.

13. anthony

Oh don't worry, my sense of dry humour developed long ago... I like dry and raw humour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar