1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Want more kitten updates? ? ?

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Sometimes I wonder why waste my time in this forum with people who hurt like I do. Then along comes a litter of 3 fuzzy kittens and changes my entire world and much to my surprise , the world of others too ! ! !

Seem you guys enjoyed learning about something nice, good, cute and just generally positive. So, therefore, when I start sheltering again in August I will begin posting about the kittens and their progress if you guys would like me to.

Just let me know if this is something you all would enjoy following. I would post their milestones--where and when found--their ages--when they opened their eyes--their 1st steps--etc

I would surly enjoy sharing this experience with any of you that are interested. Might be good for us

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I think that is a splendid idea.

4. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

You know you did not even have to ask!!!! That would be awesome, that is a wonderful idea and very uplifting of spirits. Mine anyway. Thank you for being willing to share the joy you are bringing, Spread the warmth.

5. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:hello: THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!! :thumbs-up I'd love to hear about all your experiences with the little kitties that you will be giving a good head start to!!!!! I would love to do the same kind of work but I live in government housing and it would not be allowed...I am allowed though to have one pet....So I have my 10 year old cat Hayley who keeps me rather good company!!! I got her from the local Animal Protective Society shelter in our county when she was a year old....I am glad :biggrin: that you have the skill and the love to do your fostering....I know it's not easy to give up your babies but you are doing a very much needed service for such little helpless ones :claps: Thanks for sharing!!!!.....SPREADING THE PEACE

6. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Herc,

I would love to hear about your foster kittens. I was able to foster one of the dogs from Katrina - we found him a really nice home after a couple of months. Of course, we missed him so much we got another dog!

jmp

7. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Yes, Herc! I want to hear all about your fostering experiences! Thanks very much!

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Ya know, occasional pics would be good too. Who does not melt at the sight of itty bitty babies? Always lifts my spirits.

My rescue cat... Well, she is a bit "slow". I swear inbred or something. Full grown and half the size of my others, and she was going to be disposed of at no older than 2 weeks old at the feed store where the cats they kept had bred. She of course rode home after I picked up my feed in my lap as I could not let her be killed. Sweet as can be but not the sharpest tool in the shed. I still try not to laugh when she leaps from one area to the next and misses by about 6 inches. She walks off acting like "I wasn't really aiming for the counter". But she did turn out beautiful and sweet. Just not bright.

9. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Well, the response to my post about the warm and fuzzy updates has certainly overwhelmed me. I had no idea the reaction would be so positive.

I was unsure that sheltering again was such a good idea but I can see now that it will serve more than one purpose. I will not only be helping the babies but looks like I will be helping you guys too. AND ME when I'm not sleep deprived.

Now as far as pictures go, keep in mind that this is my 1st computer. I have a camera but have no clue how to use it. Plan on going outside and tripping the 1st kid I see to come in and show me! LOL But I promise to learn so I CAN share pics of the kitties.

I plan on starting to shelter again around the 1sy of August, depending on how our move goes. I will keep you guys updated....and THANX GUYS