• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

War Disablement Pensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Fraser

MyPTSD Pro
I need advice my friends. I've been waiting nearly a year now for my War Disablement Pension to come through.
I contacted the Army Pensions a couple of months ago, and they told me that they had lost my serial number and service records. I'm thinking, how difficult is it to trace the only Scotsman serving in the Cheshire Regiment, its not Rocket Science is it.
My Regiment knows who I am, my Regimental Association know who I am. It is typical of the Ministry of Defence. They keep sending me letters saying that they are still looking at my claim. You'd think that they would deal with it quickly to save paying out the extra back-dated money that is now due to me.
Your advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Scott:wall: :crazy: :angry-fla

hey, scott, i certainly can't give you any advice there, but i'll be praying towards that end.
cathy

Scott,
I've experienced the same 'excuses' as you with the U.S. VA. It's also been about a year for me as well. First and only time I contacted them about my case-file (about a month ago because we are about to be $broke$), they told me my case-file is not ready- then abruptly hung up the phone on me. If I didn't have a family, I wouldn't even have applied for anything with them [VA] in the first place. To put it bluntly, everytime I have been to the VA, they make me feel like I am a 'welfare-case.' Maybe I am now. Their [VA] talk is cheap and it seems they only hire disgruntled people to handle 'customer service.' Apparently, this is not just isolated to the U.S. Veteran's department. Wish I had something better to tell you other than you are not alone in this.

Hi Cathy & Mac, Thanks for your advice, Cathy keep praying, I need all the help that I can get.
Mac. Thanks, it seems that you are not the only one that is getting messed about.
Cheers
Scott:thumbs-up

Scott, VA's in any country will do this, mainly because if they can tie a person up in enough red tape and nonsense, the person just gives up and goes away. Basically, don't rely on them for anything, do the ground work yourself and give them everything they need. If they lost anything, resend it to them. Hopefully you got copies of all your med and personal files... send them a copy so they have no excuse, or go hand it too them personally. This is normal political BS within VA's worldwide....

The general one you can really tell... is that you will fill out the same questions at various times, most of which they send you multiple times, worded differently, to see if your response changes so they have another excuse. Give them no reason to miss anything, or doubt anything, and hand them everything they need mate, just so they can't drag your case out any further, and even make them sign for the copy you give them, so you have a paper trail to through back at them each time.

Good luck Scott. Keep on at them and see if you can charge them interest as well on back dated amounts.

Like Anthony says make sure everythings in writing, phone calls are useless and more stressful too.

Hi Anthony and Claire.
All I have is my discharge papers, and I think also because I resigned, along with 10 other sergeants over the way the CO was treated after Bosnia, that they are being so slow about it.
But as I said I'll keep plugging away, there is someone at Combat Stress who deals with these problems and when I go in, in February, I'll speak to her about it. So fingers crossed, she can sort it out.
Cheers
Scott:wall:

There should still be a records facility in which you can phone to get a copy of your military records such as medical, etc etc.... Find that out, and you can get a copy of all and any of your military documents. All countries have such repositories for soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back