1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Washington vs. Iraq - Funny Factual Comment

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I was tossing up whether to post this here, or in the funny thread... cause whilst factual, its also quite amusing to say the least.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

I want to laugh, but not sure I should. I guess this illustrates what "civilised society" is coming to.

Deaf Global Nomad and CraftyCath like this.
  4. anthony

I reckon its piss funny for its merit, but it definately illustrates the issues within the USA that politicians are just ignoring. Regardless what Americans think, it is not a right to have a gun, or weapon, because unless you can prove you need it for sport or employment, you should be locked up if caught with them. Freedom of speech is one thing, they are words, freedom to bear arms is another, and words are no longer required and the outcome is far more reaching than words ever could be, especially to loved one's of an individual.

Still though... piss funny when you think about it... your safer in Iraq at present than you are in Washington... sheeeesshhhh!

5. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSSSSS...this is a real crock!!!!! Glad you passed this on!!! It's funny !!!!! I agree with you heartily!!!!

6. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I'm laughing:)

Deaf Global Nomad likes this.
  7. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Just Being Smart

:crazy-eye You opened a whole bottle of worms when you took up the "Gun Issue" I live in the USA. I have heard so many American arguments over this issue. All I know is that I don't want to even touch a gun, see a gun, hear a gun go off. For me NO GUNS!!!! If I hear anyone discuss owning one, using one, collecting one, wanting to get one, keeps one in a house with kids, then I'm history!!!!

I know my parents were brought up on farms out West during the Depression era so they are very knowledgeable around guns... there was always lots of talk around the dinner table in my very pre-adult years... I heard lots of times what a good shot my mother was.... still makes my veins freeze!! My sperm donor is still a HUNTER at the age of 76. The reason they stopped using their fireplace was because my sperm donor decided to store his guns in the storage areas that were for the wood which were ajacent to the fireplace. I remember him trying to teach me [the second oldest oldest daughter] to shoot one. AAAAAUGH!!! I was almost paralyzed when he put the rifle in my hands... when I pulled the trigger and fired. I got knocked on my ass; no way I'd touch a gun after that.

Believe me he was very unhappy about that quite a few times. I remember one day eons ago when I was at work [my major task was ringing the register] I was counting the till at the end of my shift when the thing-a-ma-jigger that holds the bills down snapped back down and at that precise second I was aware of the fireflash in the dark coming from a gun and being aware at the same second a bullet whizzing right past the side of my head....Yes..I jumped at the very same time!!! I have this really heavy question about why I knew in that brief scary memory that my sperm donor had pulled the trigger....AUUUUUUUUGGGGGH!!!!!!!

I also remember the time as a young adult, I was in his shop sorting out screws & nails when he came in angrily babbling. I then saw him reach around the entry door and pull out a gun and go out with it. I was so very certain that he was going Shoot me very shortly!!! The fear that gripped me was very OVERWHELMING!!!!! It was like being flash-frozen but with heat and intense terror; as it turned out he was using his b-b gun to shoot at the neighbour's cat as it crossed into the yard...as I said....NO GUNS FOR ME!!!

Also I wanted to say that my experience with politicians is they tend to ignore LOTS of very vital issues!!!! Like the high poverty rate and the lack of sufficient [and the best!] health care for citizens who are too poor to pay for that, and equal justice for all.... not just for those who have influence and the $$$s to pay for it!!!!

Still...like you said....your facts are piss funny!!!!! :rofl:

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I have to say even though I had been threatened with a gun, I have no fear of them, depending on who has it... me! As Americans we do have a right to bear arms. Maybe not God given, but certainly an American right. We may not live in the old west but it can still be a life saver. I live in Texas and we are allowed to carry a concealed weapon with a license for it. Soon as that law passed I was one of the first in line. I love my guns and the day they try to take them, good luck! Besides on a farm I need it, but this was before the farm.

After certain incidents my views on guns changed. I KNOW now that good law abiding Americans would not have them if the law were to change, just the people who have no care of the law. Out here chances are someone breaking in knows you are armed, it is Texas. I have no desire to ask someone breaking in are you here to rob, rape, or kill me? They will be shot period. Before I did not own one, no desire to with kids. Afterwards I did. They are locked up and I am comfortable with them.

I remember the first time using a rifle and the kick too. It did not scare me though, it is one of the very few good memories of dad, he was right behind me and would get kicked right in to him catching me, was exliarating to me! But I was taught growing up nothing but respect for firearms, I had no abuse involving them growing up or use for them (beyond hunting) until I was a victim/survivor.

9. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about guns. I've never been a big fan. One of my scary flashbacks is when I had to fight to stop my dad opening our living room (den) door. I could see my brother standing in the hall with a gun pointed at the door, just waiting to get a clear shot as my dad came through. My dad was furious at something my brother had done, and just kept trying to get the door open. I kept hanging onto the door handle, and sticking my foot in the way of the door to stop it opening. I remember my mum standing crying with her hands over her face. She never knew about the gun either. I never told my dad about it. I yelled at my brother that he was going to be late for work and he left. Just like that! one minute he is intent on shooting our father, the next he is calmly picking up his bike gear and heading off to work!!

I would like to say that I had never been so terrified in my life, but there were many more times. The gun in question was only a 22 air rifle, and probably wouldn't have killed my dad. I was only 13 and didn't know anything about guns, so at the time, my brain just said "guns kill people".

People have a right to defend themselves, and if having a gun is a deterrent to would be rapists and thieves, then good. There will always be people who use guns for harming people, just like they use their fists, baseball bats, knives, words. If the weapons are there, they will be used. We all have a right to defend ourselves against that.

10. Loloma

Loloma The world is my oyster. I like my oysters raw. Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Yes Aussie, only in America

11. Loloma

Loloma The world is my oyster. I like my oysters raw. Premium Member Sponsor $100+

My brother and sister were both shot dead... with rifles. In Sydney :cry:

12. CraftyCath

CraftyCath Flying Free Premium Member

I am so sorry for your loss Loloma. :cry: So very sorry. x

I have to say that since gun ownership was banned in the UK, gun crime has decreased immensely. There have been some major issues with someone going on a killing spree and guns are easy to get hold of if you know the right people. I wouldn't trust the sort of people I see on a daily basis with an air gun let alone a real one. I was shot by some kid with an air rifle when I was young, could you imagine him getting hold of dads gun an aiming that? I would never own a gun.

On the other hand, knife crime has shot up in the UK.

On yet the other hand I found your post quite funny Anthony though I do feel for those who have had bad experiences.

13. anthony

Yer, we have little gun crime here as well... no gun policy, so there extremely rare.

Knife crime... gone through the roof with youth mentality, hence in another thread it was mentioned here about demographics being targeted randomly here on train platforms and searched by police... they have dropped the knife crime immensely in a very short period as a result.

Youth are learning, you want to fight, use fists, not weapons.

Deaf Global Nomad and Sandra like this.