• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

We All Need Help Occasionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbarber

New Here
Hi all
my name is alexander barber [alex for short].
I have been in the army scince 1 jan 2001.On the 28 may 2002 i was involved in a military accident where my artillery piece blew up.I sustained minimal injuries which healed fast. I thought everything was ok, i just drank like a fish and got angry and jumpy,but that was ok because the army allowed it.

In 2004 i transferred out of artillery to operator supply after 2 trips to the tank and lots of non satisfactory relationships {the ones that lasted more than a night} I started to think that all was not well. My work preformance was almost non existent and i had a low self- esteem.

I punched a hole in the wall and after getting reprimanded at work again i was sent to a head doctor who said i had PTSD. All i thought was "What the hell is that". The next thing that i know i'm on anti-depressents and i'm seeing a head shrinker weekly.

so at the advise of my doc i was told to do this PTSD course, the strange thing about this was i still didnt think i had it.

On the 17th of august 2005 i started my PTSD course with Anthony and well i was scared i thought that it was going to be stuck in a room with a bunch of nutters bouncing off the walls. well i was wrong, i wouldnt say that thay were all NORMAL and if you ever get too meet any one from COHORT 18 you will understand what i mean, but thay were friends who eventually became like family.

Now i think that i have dribbled on long enough so i will get to the point of this letter.I am trying to start a PTSD annon, a group support program for ppl to get to talk,chat and share stories and experiences in a place that is warm and understanding.

If anyone has any help,infomation or can help, even if it is just by spreading the word it will be muchly appreciated. thank you to all.

Remember you are not alone and there is no dumb questions except the one that is not asked so good luck!

Who's a nutter, nutter, nutter, nutter? He he he he he he he he he he...

I'm not crazy... crazy things just happen around me!

so what do u think of my post.
tammy and i hope that you, Kerrie- Ann and the boys are doing well.

Mate, you know its good... I thinks its bloody great. Your goals to move forward are exceptional, considering what you've been through already, and now going through again to move on with your life. Keep at it mate, your doing really good.

We are all really good. Bub has punched through another tooth on the bottom, so he now has teeth, instead of just a tooth. Now I can't call him "toothy"... short lived that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back