• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Weather Affects My Mood & Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

open eyes

Confident
I'm 16 & diagnosed with PTSD & Bipolar I. This past year I've noticed my mood is increasingly linked to the weather. When it's sunny out, I'm in a great mood & I have close to zero symptoms, just some mild anxiety that is manageable. Yesterday the weather was crappy & overcast. I was having flashbacks, serious avoidance & I was so depressed I could hardly get out of bed.

Also, since I can remember my anxiety level is extremely heightened during the summer, & usually lesser during the winter.

Seasonal Affective Disorder runs in my family. Is that something that can be onset at a certain age? Or do you always have it? Does it affect PTSD symptoms?

Seasonal Affective Disorder (which I have) is more about winter verse summer because of sun light. I think you are talking about more day to day for what I understand and that is a bit different.

I also have Bipolar Disorder but type 2.

I have noticed that sometimes my mood changes based on weather. But I mostly tie that into when I was a child who was already depressed and how much colder winter felt because I was already so sad. So cold weather will bring up those feelings that I felt as a child.

Sorry. This may not make any sense. My day hasn't been great.

Barometric pressure affects me a lot as well as getting enough sunlight.

Sunlight makes our bodies create Vitamin D so you might consider taking Vitamin D if you can't get outside in the sun.

I read that when it is overcast you can still get the good stuff from the sun but you have to stay out longer 40 minutes versus 20.

I always have really bright lights on inside. I need a lot of light too or it affects my mood big time.

Did you ever notice cows sit down before a storm? They feel the pressure. Not that you and I are the least like cows. We are cute as buttons with the power of tigers when needed!!

Open eyes,
I live in costa rica and I feel better during the rainy season. The birds are more abundant and it's really relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back