• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Weighted blankets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up ordering one & I love it! Could be the change in medication also that is helping my sleep lately, but here is what I think about the blanket so far.
I’ve always been somewhat obsessed with blankets over the years...there is a soft blanket or 2, or 3 in every area of my home. There is a sense of safety related to “covering up” for me, as there were so many times I remember feeling like I just wanted to cover myself up & felt so exposed. The weighted blanket feels heavier than I thought it would be, but it feels SAFE, not like being held down & I can still move freely. It isn’t too hot either. It really is like a gentle hug & I have been falling right to sleep (usually even with sleep meds my body refuses to relax & falling asleep can sometimes take hours).

I was suggested to get one also and have not got enough info to decide. My physical energy is low so washing the blanket will be a real challenge. Plus all the night sweats from nightmares would make it smelly real quick.

My current blanket gets weighty when i pee then i wake up cold.... neurogenic bladder.

Weighted blanket shipping fee must cost alot.

@shatter eyes i just put mine on top of my usual blanket so it shouldn’t need to be washed very often I don’t think. With Amazon Prime the shipping was free.

So I think I am going to get one too.
I think I am going to get this one. The reviews were good, accept for the one who said the pellets were falling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back