• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Weird Kind Of Sexual Flashback...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted here in a long time, but I've had some pretty weird symptoms lately that I'm trying to wrap my head around. I don't know what the connection is between them.

This has happened before, when I was younger. Now it's happening again. I'll have some bizarre dream, usually sexual, but regardless of the content, there will be this extremely unpleasant taste in my mouth (or mind) that makes me horribly nauseous and/or panicked. This taste will stick in my head for days sometimes, and even after I've forgotten it, it can be triggered by even the most innocuous sexual thought.

They say that the average guy thinks about sex every ten seconds or something, so you can imagine the kinds of problems this causes. My orientation switches from gay to straight to asexual on a frequent basis, but it's only heterosexual thoughts that cause this, which makes me wonder if my gay side is a defense mechanism, like an alter ego I created when I was younger to keep these sensations from happening again.

Most of the time I'm relatively detached from my body, but having these dreams throws me right back into it, and that's when the taste comes back (and my orientation changes).

Thank you, and feel free to ask me any questions, because this is probably very weird, and you know nothing about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back