• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Weird Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Confident
So I am not suicidal, I have been this last week though (seeing my therapist 2-3 times a week) but that's not why I am asking this question. During my suicidal crisis last week the realization that if I were to be successful in harming myself I would be buried by my brother (the abuser) hit me. You see he passed away 7 years ago and my Mom at the time bought 3 other burial plots right next to his. My family has no idea that I was abused by him and they would unknowingly bury me by my brother, to me this is the ultimate I don't know the right word to use here I guess, ultimate hurt? But I realize if I am dead I wouldn't know/have the capacity to care about this issue. But the fact that I could end up being side by side with him for eternity holds me back from doing anything. I am not asking so I can have a better option and can off myself, but how do I address this issue? Telling my family isn't really an option, and I have a twin sister who I have told even if I am 75 and unmarried and pass away and she is still alive she cannot let me be buried by him. She doesn't want to talk about such "morbid" things and just shrugs me concerns off so I am not sure if I can trust her with this matter. I don't know what to do, because this has now brought about so much worry for me (again the suicidal thoughts are better) but what if I was to die tomorrow in a car accident, or whatever I am now so paranoid that something is going to happen to me and I will be buried by him. I have thought of cremation but then again, I don't really know how to say "oh hey by the way Mom I want to be cremated when I die:.

Could you put it in your will or right as a Directive, or addition? Give away the plot or sell it? Specify (if able) an alternative place for your ashes, or purchase a different plot (start the process?)

I'm so sorry you went through that. :( :hug: (if ok)

You say, Hey Mom, I want to be cremated.

This is very much a personal matter. Where or what you do with your body is your choice and only yours. The trick is, you must make your wishes known. No one wants to talk about it but tell everyone any way. They dont need to know why.

I have a burial plot because my father did work for the cemetery and they gave each of us a plot. I now live 1400 miles away and want to be cremated and tossed across the mountains. My spouse knows this and when I told my sister, I got a very pathetic " Don't you want to be buried next to meeeee???" Seriously?

Aside from telling every one, you can put it in your will. One step further, you can pay for cremation and make a contract with a cemetary in advance. I sincerely understand how you feel and you absolutely should have what you want. Best to you.

They aren't meant for me per say but if they were open and I was gone and they need to put me somewhere that's where I would end up. So guess its not like its truly mine and I could sell it type though. It's just a matter of if I am gone it would be o shit no what and then the lights would click on for them to use on of those plots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back