• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Welcome Lily - Our New Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part otter. Smart in the wild, and have time to play. Very few creatures, including humans do. If there is an afterlife, me back a good dog. Life of Riley.

Lilly, give as good as you get.

Woof from Bella.

Thank you Anthony for redirecting me to this thread! Wonderful precious little dog, and love the brown &white mixed fur coat. Enjoy while she is young :) Sorry about your sleep though :(

This puppy stuff is addicting. I just looked up poodle crosses, and there are so many of them! Half of them have hilarious names, too! Its quite comical.

I found that they have miniature labradoodles! I've always said that they should breed the Labrador down so that there are smaller ones. But I also like poodles, and a mini cross? How fantastic!

labradoodles are gorgeous. A medium sized dog, zero hair shedding,
:wideeyed: Wow sounds this breed has some strong genes for hair.

This all sounds your family and puppy said yes to each other on right time. Lily is getting along very well with you all, peek-a-boo says a lot. She is feeling home with you all. :)

She's all worn out from this mornings playtime... so I can get some work done whilst she sleeps under my chair.

IMG_0663.jpg

@anthony and @Nicolette What training methods are you using? And are you training for PTSD emotional SD? I want to work, vocation. Many training, support etc. for combat PTSD. My focus is for SA, DV, and all that nasty that my dog has most all by nature. Very interested in the methods you are both or trice using.

What training methods are you using? And are you training for PTSD emotional SD?
PTSD? Nope... she has nothing to do with it. She is purely for fun and to be part of the family.

Training... well... day four here, 8 week old puppy... training + puppy is pretty funny in the same sentence. She is learning pretty quickly some aspects, not others. Toilet training I believe is a process... nothing learnt quickly, but more repetition, which is what we're doing with her at present, just trying to isolate her to the spare bathroom, have pee pads spread out for her and try to contain it right now. Started crate training her for bladder holding, which is working. Using treats to train her for the basics, such as sit right now. She already comes when hands are out and you say come to her, at her level... otherwise she just ignores it.

I think she's still just learning her name, sometimes she looks, sometimes not. She is slowly getting more and more used to the apartment, slowly exploring further by herself. Just lots of supervision though at present, to prevent little accidents as much as possible and get her used to peeing / pooing on the pads only in the spare bathroom.

I have http://www.modko.com/products/shake-dog-potty coming from the US, which will be her permanent potty for #1 & #2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back