1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Went Out Yesterday and Even Talked To a Stranger

Discussion in 'General' started by Grama-Herc, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

:hello: went out yesterday. Went to a church garage sale(boot sale). Lots of people, but it was out in their parking lot open air, sunshine, etc. Actually talked to 1 person. Did not, however, look anybody in the eye. I've started noticing this lately. Is this part of it? Comments welcome:walking: l

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Crawl before you can walk

Hi Herc, how are you.
    Just take it one step at a time my friend, that is all you can do. You have done really well here. Give yourself a big pat on the back, you deserve it.
    Start treading carefully and you will soon get there. I'm going through the same as you, so lets help each other. Is that a deal, good thats agreed then.
    Take care
    Scott:hello:

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

herc congrats, what did you have to do to get your self out?

Not look one in the eye is a self esteem issue which will get better. Low self esteem is common with many PTSDers

5. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

rock on

Good for you Herc.. I'm glad to hear that you did it.. its hard.. but gets easier once you're out the door. Just take one thing at a time.. great start!! :biggrin:

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Herc, congrats on your achievements. The not looking people in the eye is the lack of confidence that is so often with a reduced self esteem as a result of trauma itself, not really PTSD.

7. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

OH WOW!!! on the self esteem thing and looking people in the eye. I may have just found figure out something

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Yer... trauma will more often than not lower a persons self esteem, which is a sign that physicians often use in diagnositic testing for PTSD, as a person will often not look at the physician, but instead around the room, or lower than eye level. Treat the trauma, rebuild the self esteem, all becomes good again.