• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Were most if us seriously abused as kids,?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHatGirl

Learning
I am still pretty new to this site. I have admitted I have an Avoidance Personality Disorder Diagnosis.
I really havent had many safe places to get into the fact that my childhood was full if psychological trauma and drama. My dad, a toxic threatening alcoholic narcissist and mom very codependant kind of mix of ocd and paranoid behaviors. Both very depressed in their own ways. Essentially everyone was out if control, couldnt bond well, and I was frequently threatened with violence to control me and I learned to hide and play oline ir escape to friends house as or read books. I was afraid of what was goung to happen next at all times and there were extra large drama incidences too. Fires, etc...

I think you're going to find that people come to this site from all kinds of places. There are people who had an assortment of abusive childhoods. There are also people who had awesome childhoods and had something awful happen later in life. I've found that one of the very best things about the site is all those different experiences are available to share and to learn from

Welcome to the site!

Yes...welcome! I was horrifically traumatized and there are so many symptoms/issues that are related to my ptsd that are called so many different disorders and diseases, etc. and I pretty much have been labeled with most (but not all) of them.

I also know that as long as I continue to work on my central ptsd recovery issues all of the other disorders/issues will be addressed too and I'll begin to earnestly try and heal from them all as well.

For I believe that most all of my mental, verbal, cognitive, psychological, psycho-social, and even most all of my physical/biophysiological and somatic issues all can be traced back and connected to my ptsd central core issues. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome-
This site has been a huge shock for me in a good way. For so long I lived with the secrets and the shame of my past. I was terrified to ever let people meet “me” and in reality my early trauma became what I expected I deserved- I had no idea that anything would be considered trauma . I have a long way to go but it is super helpful knowing that I was not the only one and that i am not a complete freak.

I can't speak for others but it depends on what you consider "seriously abused." A single trauma can alter a child's life. It could start as one abuse and we then have to learn to cope with the feelings, emotions and physical pain that a child can not interpret or understand because our brains have not developed fully. At anytime in your life you can experience a trauma that seriously effects you and you have to learn to adapt to, changes it and rewire your brain. The longer it goes untreated the harder it is to learn all the skills you need to be "normalized. " The therapy and medications are needed to bring down the anxiety, fear, mistrust, Hyperarousal etc. so you can talk about it and change your perception the trauma has created.

My alcoholic parents were never physically abusive but I went hungry countless times when they didn't pay for school lunches and there was little emotional bonding. I'm 34 yet I'm afraid of teenage boys compliments of a sexual trauma by a 14 year old when I was ten. So we come from many walks of life but I think we all suffer because of other's selfishness.

I am still pretty new to this site. I have admitted I have an Avoidance Personality Disorder Diagn...
I was definitely was abused as a child from the second I was born. diagnosed with ptsd, anxiety, & major depression disorder. I was abused physically, emotionally, & sexually. Neglected from the time I was born. I have always had the symptoms, but never knew what it was. Presently, receiving help, but it's going to be long road ahead of me.

Yes, you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back