• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What’s your new years resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveHarrington

MyPTSD Pro
I don’t generally set New Years resolutions but this year I have, and it’s one I really do need to keep!

My resolution is to eat well, take my supplements, and NOT diet.

When I was out running yesterday I thought of jumping back on the diet bandwagon but I quickly realized this was a self destructive part of me speaking as I’ve already been losing weight over the last few months and my nutritional levels have been so bad that it’s been making me ill.

So all in all, a resolution I’ve already been working on, and one I must keep on top of so that my deficiency symptoms don’t reappear. (I was so thrilled on Friday when I looked in the mirror and had finally gained my color back!)

So if you are making a resolution, what is it?

Ummm where do I start lol.

First off, continue to stay clean of cannabis.

Second, avoid my abusive ex like the plague.

Third, continue to reduce my alcohol intake.

Fourth, reconnect with my estranged youngest kid.

Fifth, get back into therapy which is contingent on me staying and mostly sober.

Sixth, overcome my social anxiety to the point that I'm able to attend real life support groups for my various issues.

Seventh, do some voluntary work for the animal charity that helped my pooch last year. This is contingent on me learning to manage my anxiety better.

Eighth, do a part time college course of some kind, probably either creative writing or counselling.

Ninth, get my awful looking smile sorted out at the dentist, again contingent on managing my anxiety.

And finally tenth, start writing for a living since that's always what I've wanted to do from childhood.

Oh I've just thought of number 11 lol. Be HAPPY!!!!

Whether or not I manage to achieve everything on my list is another matter entirely. Lol. But I'm going to have fun trying!!

I don't usually make resolutions, but I am with you on yours, Eve. I just found out that I have a bit of a cholesterol problem, it is not too bad, but I think I will have to resort to skim milk and a few other minor changes like that which I will be discussing with my Medical Practitioner soon.

Part of my new year's resolution is to take more time for myself and to take more risks. Taking more risks has been a personal resolution, but I like to renew it every once in awhile. My T says trying to take more risks within reason is helpful for me since I tend to not do anything I perceive as even remotely risky (running by myself even with mace and letting someone know my route) and that tends to cause more issues than it does to keep me safe.

The other part of my new year's resolution is to do self check-ins because I was totally smacked flat on my butt November and December emotionally partly because of things I couldn't control, and partially because I didn't take time to listen to myself and my own stress.

My first resolution is to get back on my routine. I got off track over the holidays, and it's something I need to be able to be at my best.

Since that is something that I'd be doing no matter what time of year it is, I also really want to get more involved in group this year. It's one of those things that it's a struggle to get out and do it but I'm always glad that I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back