• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Another Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsowild

MyPTSD Pro
It's my birthday today and I'm feeling quite down. I think it makes you reflect on the year. It's been tough. After my accident in July I've been in a downward spiral. I am quite pleased with my new psychiatrist and psychologist. I'm sure I will get some much needed help.

Still struggling with people understanding PTSD. Even the ones closest to me think I should just be over it by now. It's a lonely disease. Not too sure when I will try to go back to work. The abusive boss is still there.

I am so very grateful for this forum and all you wonderful people. Thank you @anthony and @Nicolette this forum has been a lifesaver for me. I have learnt so much. I wish I had this twenty years ago I could have been helped a lot earlier.

So I realize what I have gained this year. I have this new family on this forum.
So thanks :hug:

Dear @Notsowild ,

I'm not familiar with your story so I couldn't make a good comment on the abusive boss part. But I still want to wish you happy birthday and I hope that asides from reflection on the past year, you will also find a way to enjoy this day.

Keep up the learning from your past, just remember not to dwell on it. You're on the right track!

I wish you a very happy birthday and I hope next year you'll look back with a smile on your face :)

Awww.....I'd say Happy Birthday, but in that space it doesn't do much, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I'm glad you are here.......I'm glad you were born. I'm glad you understand some of me and I may understand some of you. Therefore, your place on this earth is a great miracle.

On a boss note, having ptsd and being around an abusive anybody is a recipe for a downward spiral. Put up protection psychically if you can prior to encountering him. However, bottom line, accept NO ABUSE!

@Notsowild Happy Birthday!

I think it makes you reflect on the year.

Right you are. Reflecting on the past year helps us to realize and measure our progress. A birthday is a milestone of where we are in our life cycle. I feel that we're here to learn whatever we need to learn as part of a higher plan which is buried deep within ourselves and our higher self knows what our lesson plan is, and does keep track of those lessons and the outcomes of each lesson and the milestones we reach as we continue our life's journey.

In terms of people not understanding our PTSD, they haven't walked where we have. They can't fathom what our experiences are when they have not had those experiences, whatever those are or whatever those were depending on how recent or past those experiences are and how removed we are from them. Yes! Those will remain with us as a reminder of our character, and the depths in which we've had to endure to end up where we are at a given time in healing, understand and above all, our life! Birthdays are a happy and joyful time. It may not seem so when we've gone through an extremely rough year, but remember that you stand tall and survived and have come through the past year with flying colors!

Happy Birthday and like you I wish I had access to this forum when I first started therapy. It would have saved me some terribly painful and costly lessons, I go to the school of hard knocks when I do not have any support.

I am so glad you were born and had the courage to post this. Big hugs.

Happy Birthday @Notsowild :D:hug:

Birthdays always seem to mark a milestone for us and I think it's normal to look back. I am so glad you found one good thing to smile about :) you make us happy for sure by being here! Please do something nice for yourself today in celebration. My birthday this past November was the worst. I was so lonely and did absolutely nothing for my birthday. So please, even if its nothing but watching your favorite movie or grabbing food from your favorite restaurant, do something nice for yourself.

I don't know your boss situation, but I think I can empathize. I had to quit working because my operator that understood my anxiety quit and left me with a very two faced operator. You have to do whats right for you and I hope either your boss leaves soon or you are able to find an even better job.

more :hug: if you want them, thank you for being a part of our family! ;)

Happy Birthday, try to do something nice for yourself, everyone deserves to be cared for, and respected.

I had a horrible day on my birthday too, but I have come to realize life is always changing, nothing stays the same.

I let someone elses behaviour ruin my birthday, it made me feel unwanted and unloved, but I am responsible for how I feel, and when I spoke up after several days of feeling hurt, things we sorted out, and he could see how hurtful his behaviour was.

I cant' ever get that birthday back, and rehandle my behaviour, all I can do is learn from that mistake and learn to speak up when others cross my boundaries with their hurtful behaviour, and I can chose how I respond to it.

Unforetunately you will usually always find there is someone you might not get along with at work, but you don't have to take it personally, but rather see their behaviour is about them and not you. If they are unhappy with your performance then they could be grown up enough to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back