• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are Some Of The Things You Do When You Are Feeling Happy?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12723
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12723

I woke up feeling happy today. I did my chores happily, and I took out the trash. I am going to have a lazy day today.

But I was wondering what others do when they are happy. I want to keep practicing this one, Any tips or suggestions would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

I have a tendency to "bubble over". LOL. I don't know how to express the feeling in human talk, but I'll try. If I was a dog, I'd wag my tail and bring you a ball. If I was a cat, I'd purr, and bring you a frog. If I was a bird, I"d soar up into the sky and then zoom towards you and circle up at the last minute. If I was a raccoon, I'd smile at you and wash you an apple or other fruit. If I was a butterfly, I'd flutter my wings on your cheek (I call that a butterfly kiss)

My friends tell me to calm down and be sure to stay in the house when I'm happy, because I tend to scare humans.
Here is this elder little old lady in a wheelchair doing cartwheels or circles with a big grin on my face. Here is the old woman hugging trees and giggling. Those who know me understand and like it. But those who don't know me want to call the mental hospital and have me locked up.

To be honest it has been so long since I have had that happy feeling I am not sure what I do. I used to have days where I would get up and do all the housework so I could then have a lazy day without feeling guilty, don't think that is quite the same as you, Gizmo. I guess once I work through the mess I am in I will again know what I do when I am happy.

I'm unsure that I have felt true hall ones defined by who I was 'before' my trauma. However, when I feel 'happy' by definition now (?) I play with my dog and laugh. I appreciate my partner who often loses out on days I'm not happy. I take photographs of beautiful things around me.

Often these things will make me even more happy!

Thanks to all who post their happy times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back