1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

What Are YOU Doing for Yourself

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by jods, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi to all the spouses at there

By the looks of it,this week has been one of those weeks for most:hit-boss:
    So there is my thought for the week: What have you done this week that has made YOU feel good?
    We sometimes forget that we NEED to do something that is just for US.:tongue:
    My positive things I did that make me feel good were: taking my 3yo into the city and going for a walk along the river & watching him in awe of the fountain (or gooy gyser as he called it) & just seeing the joy in his beautiful face. My brother came over today with his old bike and we went for a short ride (v funny coz I havent riden a bike since high school), It was just nice to know I could shut down & forget about hubby & 3 kids I left at home.
    So what have you done,or what do you plan to do that is just for you?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. desert4now

desert4now Active Member

Funny you should ask. I took my daughter to her first al-ateen meeting and lucky for me they had an al-anon meeting going on at the same time. I went for the first time in a long time and found it very refreshing and just for me. First hubby was the alcoholic but I find that the 12 steps can definietely be applied to my new husbands PTSD. Still struggling with hubby this week. You know how you are supposed to have a tough skin??? I think I had see through skin on this week. Everything he did, said, didn't do, and didn't say hurt me deeply. Ick. You were right, I also thought folks were having a tough time this week. Anyway, tomorrow is another day and hopefully my skin will get thicker!!

Hope we can all find peace!!

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi everyone thanks for the well wishes Jods yep its been a tough week but every week seems pretty tough. But I managed to get my game of golf in with the girls which is my release even if I play crap its a day out:smile: I am cutting my anti depressants back starting from today I was told to do it slowly I feel like I have control of my emotions a lot better than what I did 6 months ago. I am trying to get hubby motivated into something he likes doing. He has an old Sandman ute which he started to do up and when his wheels fell off ( hubby not the ute :rofl: ) he has let it sit at the local garage for a while I said if he wants to bring it home he should and I wont say anything about our house turning onto a workshop we can close of a room on the side of the house that he could use as a workshop at least he might gain back some interest in something. But the key is baby steps isnt it?
    Jen

5. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi desert4now, glad you did something that made you feel refreshed, hope you went & had a coffee & a piece of gooy cake afterwards or asked a friend to join you! Tell you what, my butt aint feeling that tough today after my bike ride lol! Like they say,one day at a time. Big hugs to you.

Hi Jen Glad you got to hit the crap out of the golf ball! Bet that felt great. Good luck with the meds & we are here if you need us. Great idea about the car, my hubby never really had time for hobbies before PTSD as he was never home long enough due to his job. We have the opposite problem in that he doesnt know what he would like to try. As you said, baby steps! Big hugs to you.

We have a doc appt in town tomorrow & I think I have to take my little one in with us again so I'm going get my sushi & have a picnic down by the river with my little one while we wait for hubby. I'm then getting picked up by my friend tomorrow night & we're going for coffee & cake mmmm!

Hope you all try to do something for you this week & dont feel guilty for doing it! WE ARE WORTH IT!

6. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hi All,

The best I can do at the moment is afternoon naps with the little one. The process of moving never seems to be over quick enough. Have to rest in order to be able to keep going, so many little things are hard to do at 7 months pregnant!! I think you forget. Thank god Anthony will be back from Brisbane tomorrow - normally I like the peace and quiet but not this time.

Anyhow had a win with Defence Housing Authority, I applied for a Valet Unpack and they told me I couldn't have it because my family wasn't recognised as special needs. If the woman at DHA hadn't been such a cow I wouldn't have worried about fighting for it. Lets be serious, I'm seven months pregnant, we have a toddler, teenager and of course Anthony has PTSD. I explained the circumstances to the approving authority and it got approved on Friday. Basically this means that after the removalists are finished, Wednesday morning I have a lady coming over for 4 hours to unpack some of the house for me. Normally I wouldn't have worried about it but all I was trying to do was eliminate some of the family stress. In fact I was even prepared to pay for it myself until the cow at DHA (who is not the approving authority and didn't know my family circumstances) was mean and all I rang her for was to check that she had received my removal paperwork by fax.

7. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Good on you Kerri Anne isnt it amazing when you find these cows in these departments who have no idea they think they are important and have authority but they dont.
    Are you going to ring her back and thank her for all her help:smile:
    Good luck with your move Im glad we dont have to worry about moving especially with kids we did enough moves in the Army to last a lifetime.
    Jen

8. cdunny

cdunny Active Member

Today the hubby and I got up early and drank some coffee together, then got the baby up and fed her and went to Golden Corall for Breakfast even though we really couldnt afford it. I didnt care. Im always stressing over every little penny. We decided to quit stressing for a little while and went and spent 20 bucks on a nice breakfast. mmmmm... Let me tell you, those pork steaks and eggs were so good. We had a very nice weekend together. I had been so upset the whole week it was nice to just sit back and enjoy one another.:smile:

9. sarah

sarah New Member

Shopping!

:jerk: I went shopping yesterday at the outlet mall w/ my little man (15monthsold) bought some comfy shoes and I watched baby run around and smile and wave at everyone in the mall (hes so happy in the mornings)...I am giving the hubby some space and it seems that things are civil for now between us ( THANK GOD! )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar