• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

I'm grateful that my son's are coming home from school in a little bit. That is the best time of the day for me. Relieves some of my anxiety.

I am grateful that the insight from yesterday, that I need to set a new baseline from the one my parents gifted me with, that of feeling badly about myself all the time, is one that I can change and challenge. It has meant today was a tad easier.

I'm grateful that there were vegetarian refried beans, tostado shells, fresh tomatoes, avocados, jack cheese and my favorite hot sauce (El Pato) in my kitchen so I could make a half dozen tostado's and sit on the sofa watching some mindless show on Hulu as I pigged out and drank a Mexican Coke that I had hidden since my wife is a sugar Nazi. Phew! Oh and then I downed a good amount of Pepto. That'll teach me. But it was fun while it lasted!

I am grateful that I calmed myself down from awaking from panic attacks. That I challenged my shame. That I went and did some exercise. That I ran an errand and that I did some cleaning up. Just a little bit.

Back