• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking I wish I could relax more. I know I unconsciously stay busy from my decades long habit of keeping one step (or ten) ahead of feeling. I practice sitting with feeling in mindful meditation and check my status thru out the day based on body tension, but I still have a hard time just sitting. I remind myself - Progress, not perfection!

I'm tired of sneezing. It's annoying. My laptop is also tired of me sneezing. It's gross! :wtf:

LOL! ;) Having a cold sucks. :unsure: At least today I'm embracing the sickie in me :dead: instead of pretending I'm fine and continuing on like everything's fine. I'm constantly shocked that the people around me think I'm fine and not totally crazy and annoying. I mean... are they blind? :facepalm: LOL! :)

@EverOnly358 - Embrace the sickie in you. LOL! That's a good one. What we resist, persists. Take that cold in your arms!

I am feeling good. Did core work and then an invigorating walk outside. Fed the sparrows. There were 16 before. After our -45 degree weather, only six. Now I can meditate. Shook out the wild ride of adrenalin.

I'm thinking I can get healthier and thinner. Tomorrow I will get on the scale, as I need to find out how much I weigh. My husband promises to buy me new shoes if I lose ten pounds. My idea. Thankfully he went along with it. I don't think it is going to be easy because, so far, it has not been. I'm looking forward to getting a new pair of shoes and slightly looser clothes.

@EverOnly358 - Embrace the sickie in you. LOL! That's a good one. What we resist, persists. Take that cold in your arms!

I am feeling good.
LOL! :laugh: I'm feeling a bit better today. Much less sneezing. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling good, whichever thread it is! :joyful:

@Britt.f7, you're gonna do great! :) I love the idea of setting up a reward like new shoes! Great idea!

I am thinking what do I want to do tonight. It's too cold to go out. I am thinking I might want to order in and watch a movie.

I am thinking I have reached a wall in understanding PTSD and how it effects our brains. I want new hopeful information. Every generation thinks they have reached the summit of all knowledge, but history shows there is always more to come. I just hope the breakthrough is not in the next century.

That I see PTSD everywhere now. We have 3 tv's. My dad is watching a news type of show downstairs about PTSD. And my mom put on a crime show and this episode is about PTSD. It and the stories in it made me emotional at the end of the episode. It made me feel so sad in part because I could relate to it so much. It made me feel when for weeks I've been shutdown and trying to not feel.

That it's frustrating to see people constantly posting their political opinions all over Facebook. I stay out of it 98% of the time and don't comment or respond back to them. And one of the rare times I do post my opinion someone who I never engage on their posts has to make comments on mine. That's cool how consideration can be given on one person's part for differing opinions but not the other person. People can respond all they want but it annoys me that they do it when I never engage or challenge them on their beliefs and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back