• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are Your Best Detox Foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to make dietary changes for detoxing. Alread vegan, i eliminate wheat, dairy, and sugar. i drink only water between meals, with a bit of lemon. Ginger and mint teas, are my cool-month warm teas, for the same reason.

Thanks for the reminder about foods that are detoxing. Spring cleaning (in the Northern Hemishpere) is upon us.

I drink whole leaf aloe juice. I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity so I am in a constant state of detox. The aloe juice is for days that I can't move my muscles or breathe. It's fantastic.

Beets are a serious system purge. Go easy, highly effective.

Tinned tomatoes, herbs, onions, garlic, green veg, beans, berries....naturally love these foods and used in cooking most days.

I'm allergic to onions and garlic but do love spinach! My detox foods are kale, ginger, lemon, berries, and massive amounts of green tea. lol. Does scotch count as detox food? *kidding* ;)

My daughter's boyfriend'so mother was given bad blood after his birth and she ended up with Hepatitis C. 25 years later it activated and she couldn't affird the Interferon treatment. She bought a book titled Heal Your Liver and did everything it said. A year later, there was no trace of Hep C in her system. Milk thistle tea was a staple.

I normally try to stay away from sugar, so I have done my best to find foods that don't contain any of it. Then I really need to find sweet things, like fresh/ ripe melons and all fruit jelly. These take care of my sweet tooth. Also, not keeping any product containing sugar in the house helps.

Detox best with pure filtered or spring water. Fasting for a day with nothing but is hard to do, but does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back