• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are your pet peeves ?

1.You ask a question of a group of people and one of them basically says they don't give a damn about it, just so long as it does not involve them.
2.Being ignored.
3.People who use street drugs accusing those of us who get prescriptions legitimately of being "addicts."
4.My mind being so forgetful. Like just when I NEED to remember something, I can't!
5.Men who make passes at me when they know I have a husband or a boyfriend.
6.People who break promises.
7.People who are habitually LATE!
8.Getting to the check-out lane at the store and having it CLOSE just when you do.
9.Power outages
10.People who put their garbage bags beside the can so dogs and such can get into it.

People saying 'call if you need anything', calling and they can't help for xyz reasons.... then why did you make that statement.????

the one fly that manages to get in my house, and keeps landing on my face !! Get the flyswatter, and he disappears.... put the fly swatter down and here he is ...

Making notes so I don't forget something and then misplacing the note..

seeing someone in the store and them taking me hostage telling me their whole life story when I am in a hurry

finally putting the heater away, it's the end of May.... and having to drag it out this morning because it was 54 degrees

Our building's fix-it guy who even admits that he will "get around to it when I get around to it." Which can take months. Then there is the problem with my heater/ AC. It operates at a much higher or lower temperature than it says it does and he says there is NOTHING wrong with it and refuses to fix it. So I have to set it way DOWN in the winter, just to keep from roasting in here and I have to set it up higher in the summer, or I get frozen half to death. He also is one of the biggest gossips I have ever heard. I used to sit in the office to wait for the bus when it was bad weather outside and he would talk with someone else that was there (he hates me, so he rarely talks to me) but he was gossiping to that other person like all the time we were there every day!

People saying 'call if you need anything', calling and they can't help for xyz reasons.... then why did y...
I was going to have surgery in the near future and 7 different people said to me "call me and let me know how it went".

It was hilarious. I was in need, so they gave me something extra to do: Now I had the task of calling them to update them on my condition. Needless to say, they did not receive a call from me.

So, yes, people who pretend they are concerned, but really arent.

I've got very few as my brain automatically jumps in with their perspective....a good thing, as wel...

Good for you, as I can say being argumentative without provocation has become something of a habit with me. I'd like to
try out a few different points of view, but really not all that creative. Mostly relying on something I read previously. From that perspective, I see what is meant by going along. Also, my quiet demeanor is uncomfortable for most folks.

Back