• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Bad Shit You Haven't Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a violent person and have not used violence against anyone, not even those who have hurt me deeply.

I chose not to allow myself to become an abuse perp.

I am the type who would come more to harming myself than another person and I feel good about that to some degree.

I have chosen to heal the wounds inside me rather than to run and hide.

I have not used my personal power to harm any living person or thing....

*(except for this one time I broke this drunks nose for saying inappropriate things to my girlfriend.) he had it coming, got 3 warnings, strike, you're out. Did not make me feel good or powerful, tho I did feel justified in my anger. not something I am particularly proud of.

I have never struck my two children or grandchildren. When I found out that my two kids had been molested I got them the best child therapist that I could fine. I made police reports against both of their abusers. I shut down my dads day care with the help of the Omudsman program. I disconnected from my family of origin many years ago. I gave my children a secret word to tell me on the phone if they wanted to come home from a sleepover they felt uncomfortable at. I cooked three meals a day for my family. I was very active in their schools. I made sure that whenever they started a new school, that we would go there and explore and find the easiest route to their classrooms. My children had birthday parties and sleep overs. They both had bikes. They each got a car when they got their drivers licenses. They each had a job to pay for their own insurance etc. They always had a special cake on their birthdays. I loved them so much and raised them to be responsible adults. I cut off the strings on a apron each for their eighteenth birthdays to symbolize cutting the ties. We had practical jokes and fun. We played games. I tried my best with what I knew at the time to be a good parent to each of them. I did not allow them to hit each other ever. I never cussed them out ever. I did not even swear in their presence ever. They each had their own bedrooms and pets that they had to take care of. they had chores to do. They helped move firewood and other tasks around the cabin. They could each light a fire in the wood stove that we heated our house with. They had friends who came over and I was friends with their friends. /we went on vacations and traveled each year. They had new clothes to wear and always had shoes. They had fun with each other. I was very active in church and so were they. We had our problems and our dysfunctions but I was in therapy and getting help for me. I got them into half day a week school so they could work at their jobs. They had dances and proms. We loved each other no matter what. I never condemned or shamed or judged them harshly. When they had problems in life we would have family meetings. We took the kids friends on vacations with us. We made snowmen together. We cooked and baked together. They loved to put their voices on our answering machine. They made special videos at the middle of the night together. We were a family. I was a stay at home mom and there was always someone at home waiting for the. I use to pick up a crowd of kids after their school was over and drop them off. I took a bunch of kids out each Halloween and we would go out trick or treating. Their was a turkey every year for thanksgiving. There was a christmas tree with presents under it each christmas. We took a ton of pictures of them. We were in the waiting room waiting for the first grandchild to be born and welcomed him into the world so fresh and new. We were in the delivery room for the second grandchild and respected my daughters privacy. I stayed in the hospital with her until she was released because she wanted me to be there. We helped our adult chidren out after they became adults and moved out. So many things we used to do. I really loved my kids and my husband. We were a family.

I did not assault another driver on the road today. Neither with my vehicle, nor my fine self. It was a narrow thing. I could very easily have stopped their vehicle and drug them out the door. Assuming they didn't shoot me through the door.

Self control. Wheee. :wtf:

Seriously, though, how big of an asshole does one have to be to switch into combat driving in suburbia? :banghead: FFS. Pull it together. It is not your job to regulate morons. (The next moron you see you can blame on me for not sorting.)

I'd forgotten about this thread!

I did not pull a gun on my obnoxious neighbor last weekend to try and shut down his loud party at a reasonable hour. I also didn't pace from one window to the next, to try to see everything that might be coming this way. I even got some sleep, which is better than the way it went last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back